Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#39160 - 09/09/02 10:33 PM Re: I give up!!!!
Davis S Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chino Hills,CA,USA
"What really bothers me is that Outlaw is now advertising the amp as available(in audio mags) which it is no where near available. I read promos in the audio mags about the 950 being available...IT ISN'T! Then I come on the Outlaw website and the home page announces "now shipping"." If it is now shipping then send me one...no I'm told it will be another 2-3 months if I'm an optomist. Then Scott refers to keeping us informed via the monthly newsletters. Has amyone out there received a monthly newsletter each month??? Not me... I've gotten 3 since Spring(one was when I ordered.

I've been enjoying my 1066 for several months now...it's available -"

Sounds to me by the fact your posting this here, you must not be "enjoying" your 1066 enough! Is your plan to add a 950 at home too? If not, dude, why the stress? You should enjoy what you've got and just leave the rest.

#39161 - 09/10/02 01:24 AM Re: I give up!!!!
Iggy The Dog Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: The Dog House
Steve:

Funny, we've all gotten more than a few newsletters over the past few months. In fact, one just popped into my master's mailbox yesterday. I've seen all the newsletters posted here and in places like HTF, so have you not been looking?

But what do I know, I'm only a dog.

ARF ARF, says Iggy

ARF, ARF says Iggy

#39162 - 09/10/02 03:23 AM Re: I give up!!!!
neuroaudio Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve in Sterling:
What really bothers me is that Outlaw is now advertising the amp as available(in audio mags) which it is no where near available....

If a company can't sell me something and can't tell me when they can sell me something then it's NOT AVAILABLE and they shouldn't advertise it as such.

Yeah, while I'm sure that the 950 delay was due to genuinely unforeseen glitches, the outlaws have shown a clear pattern of "optimistic" estimates. Their change in communications strategy would seem to be indicative of their having learned the perils of optimism in engineering. Nonetheless, old habits apparently die hard.

Hopefully, they're beginning to understand that:

1) if you say nothing (or very little), people will hate you a little bit. Later, when the product shows up at their door, they will love you.

2) if you say something that turns out to be wrong, people will love you a little bit immediately, then hate you more later. When the product shows up at their door, however, most will still love you.

3) if you say lots of things that turn out to be wrong, people will love you briefly for each one, but grow jaded and bitter as they begin to wonder whether you might be saying these things on purpose. Many people will still eventually buy the product and love you (or at least the product). Others will remain bitter for a long time. And rightly so.

[This message has been edited by neuroaudio (edited September 10, 2002).]

#39163 - 09/10/02 09:09 AM Re: I give up!!!!
Steve in Sterling Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Sterling, Va
Well Said neuoaudio!!

Is that from ancient Chinese Proverbs?

#39164 - 09/10/02 03:30 PM Re: I give up!!!!
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Neuro, you just described politicians.
Quote:
if you say lots of things that turn out to be wrong, people will love you briefly for each one, but grow jaded and bitter as they begin to wonder whether you might be saying these things on purpose. Many people will still eventually buy the product and love you (or at least the product). Others will remain bitter for a long time. And rightly so.

Steve, if you are into proverbs how about this one,
"Stay with the measurer until he reaches the door."
"He who gets in between the onion and its shell shall come out with its stinking smell."
"Patience is a virtue."
"Yanking on a dog's ears is no more foolish than interfering in an argument that isn't any of your business."
"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all and go listen to your 1066 and relax."
OK, the last one I changed a bit.

#39165 - 09/10/02 03:32 PM Re: I give up!!!!
Gunslinger

Well today I sent in a survey to a magazine that enters me into a drawing to win an Outlaw home theater system with a 950 and 755. Drawing is in Oct. If I win (or whoever)...wonder if I will get a 950 before some folks on the list or will have to wait indefinitely for the prize????
BTW - everbody who is waiting for a 950 just moved up one spot as I took my name off the list.

#39166 - 09/10/02 04:10 PM Re: I give up!!!!
Gunslinger

Good proverbs and advice. To those who wish to forum fight: Im not bashing the 950 as from all I can ascertain it is a very good value for what you get. I wanted to buy one. They are just not available to purchase and I get irked by seeing repeated messages that it is available. I'm burned out on hypocracy and BS(live in Wash DC area). There is also something about the excitement and hype created for something that goes unavailable for months. Haven't people been waiting since last Dec.??

I have been enjoying the 1066 especially with music. I haven't even visited this site in over a month. I picked up a Parasound 2 chan. amp(used), Maggie speakers(used) and a new Njoeb Tjoeb 4000 cd player. Using the 1066 zone 2 pure stereo output, I'm enjoying the best music that I've ever had in my home...quiet,full detailed. All except the 1066 was bought on the net. Anyone wanting a great cd player value check out the Njoeb Tjoeb. Tube output section is awesome.
I'll go back into my cave now and listen to some music.

#39167 - 09/10/02 04:29 PM Re: I give up!!!!
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
Steve: Wow. I like your 2 channel setup. However, such gear deserves a more transparent preamp as the 1066s analog stereo inputs pass through more than the volume control. Additionally, using the Zone 2 output may degrade the sound even more. I'd recommend that you find a $375 Sony TAP-9000es and use it for your nice 2 channel system. Of course, the P9K also give you the option to switch 5.1 ch inputs and also provides for a completely passive 5.1 bypass input for your 1066's output.
Good Luck!
merc\'s primary system

#39168 - 09/10/02 11:07 PM Re: I give up!!!!
Gunslinger

Merc - What do you mean it's passing more than the signal through?? Zone 2 is 2 chan only with no controls except volume. It won't pass anything but analog inputs through to zone 2. There's absolutely no noise with ear to speakers or Maggies. You really think that Sony pre-amp will sound even better. I realize it can always be better if you spend more money but I can't imagine it being a whole lot better. My zone 2 is in different room.

#39169 - 09/11/02 08:34 AM Re: I give up!!!!
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
Hi Steve,
Sorry, if I was incorrect about the zone 2. I assumed it was handled just like the primary output. Although I had a 1066 for a short time, I did not try the zone 2 output. Are you sure that it will not pass a signal from a source which is digitally inputted? Anyway, IMO, you still would probably be better off, with your nice gear, passing your 2 channel through a dedicated 2 channel. I only recommended the P9K due to its' high reviews, stereophile A rating, my experience with it, and of course, its' low cost.
merc\'s primary system

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts