Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#38842 - 07/25/02 03:53 PM 950 remote macro programming problems
rjcrum Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: California, USA
Hi,

I just sent a message to Outlaw customer support about this, but wanted to see if anybody else had the same problems and if you found a resolution:

----------message to outlaw follows---------

I'm finally getting around to programmming the 4 macro buttons on the 950 remote and have found two problems:

1. According to the manual, the four macro buttons will work in any of the eight source modes (CD, DVD, SAT, AUD, etc.). On my remote, they only work if the source modes are the "bottom row" of sources (SAT, TV, VCR, CBL). If the source mode is set to one of the "top row", the macro buttons fail to operate. Weird...and a problem.

2. To accomplish something with my TV, I need to input either a "channel up" or "channel down" command in the macro sequence. The manual says "Channel up" saves the macro, so I thought I could use "channel down" in my macro sequence. It appears, however, that *both* "channel up" and "channel down" act to save the macro sequence...and hence I can't program in one of those actions. This is a big problem. Is there an alternate key on the remote to accomplish a channel up/down like the "mute" button is used for "power" when programming? (FYI...the reason I need this is for video source selection in my TV. I don't have discrete commands for video source selection, but the TV will switch to "internal TV tuner" mode when you send a "channel up" or "channel down" command to it, and I can then use the "T/V" button once for Video 1 input, twice for Video 2, etc.)

#38843 - 07/25/02 05:03 PM Re: 950 remote macro programming problems
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Here's a somewhat crazy idea -- find a button or two that you aren't using for anything when in TV mode, and teach the "channel up" and/or "channel down" commands to those buttons. Use that button for the macro, and you're good to go.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#38844 - 07/25/02 09:51 PM Re: 950 remote macro programming problems
rjcrum Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks, gonk. Good idea.

Now....any thought on problem #1???

#38845 - 07/26/02 01:15 PM Re: 950 remote macro programming problems
rjcrum Offline
Gunslinger

Gonk,

Tried it last night and it worked, so the macro now works. Still have the problem with #1 and am waiting to hear from Outlaw customer support.

Also, another thing I noticed. I wanted the final 'button' of the macro to be "CBL", to leave the remote in the source mode to control my TiVo. However, it appears that, though that was the last button push in the sequence, the remote is left in the source mode it was in when the macro button was pushed!

Does anybody know how you get the remote to 'end up' in a particular source mode at the end of a macro?

#38846 - 07/26/02 02:15 PM Re: 950 remote macro programming problems
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I can't help much on the first problem or the source selection question. I haven't messed with the macros in a few months, although I still need to go back and create macros to turn the TV and cable box on and off easily. We're going to be doing some work on the back bedroom this weekend (ceiling painting, carpet removal, and floor finishing), but if I get a little time I may try to tinker with it some more.

One thing that might be useful is the "original" manual for the remote -- the SL-9000 manual . Granted, Outlaw removed the LCD from the 9000, but it is still the same basic remote and I think the manual for the SL-9000 goes into somewhat more detail about some aspects of the remote.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#38847 - 07/26/02 03:35 PM Re: 950 remote macro programming problems
rjcrum Offline
Gunslinger

Gonk...I should have thought of that manual, too! I looked at it, and the answer to #1 is on page 29 of the manual:

"You can program any of the memory buttons (M1~M4, Power) in AUD mode and it will send out the stored commands in Audio, CD, DVD and AUX modes. You can also program the memory buttons in SAT mode and it will
send out the stored commands in Satellite, TV, VCR and CBL modes."

Hmmm...I wonder how many *other* 'undocumented' SL-9000 features of the 950 remote work????

Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts