Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#38731 - 07/23/02 12:15 AM Re: I know patience is a virtue, but.....
werner52 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bismarck, ND USA
Kevin - I surmise that owners of current 950's may do this and unless the event of a recall, would be at the discretion of the owner. It's not like OUTLAW has the manpower or money to validate each persons claims of having hiss on their system. They will have to take the word of the current owner.

#38732 - 07/23/02 12:38 AM Re: I know patience is a virtue, but.....
werner52 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bismarck, ND USA
And due to no software upgradability, I don't know if we will ever have (As Merc put it) "The true fixed, final 950."

#38733 - 07/23/02 12:47 AM Re: I know patience is a virtue, but.....
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
I hope that Outlaw tells us the reason that some units have big hiss and some only little hiss?

[This message has been edited by merc (edited July 23, 2002).]
merc\'s primary system

#38734 - 07/23/02 01:54 AM Re: I know patience is a virtue, but.....
power Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
I would certainly hope that an existing 950 owner would not lie just to get a new replacement 950....

The Outlaws are being very generous indeed in picking up the entire bill. I'm certain some people would take advantage of this kindness even if their 950 were a perfect breed. Maybe the Outlaws should charge 1/2 the shipping costs just to weed out some of these potential individuals?

#38735 - 07/23/02 04:39 AM Re: I know patience is a virtue, but.....
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
Quote:

Scott writes
we feel that we finally have nailed down all the various contributors to the "hiss problem". In fact, I've heard the final, updated 950 myself and it is great. We know that this unit will provide the performance that most 950 owners are already enjoying, and which a few are still waiting for.

Would most of the (original un-updated) 950s have an audible hiss from MANY feet away, if they were connected to very efficient speakers, in a VERY quiet room? Or is the hiss a quality control issue where some 950s hiss a lot and others don't (even in the same environment)?

If the first case were true, most 950s are a POTENTIAL hiss problem. In that case, even if your 950 doesn't hiss now, would it wrong to ask for an updated 950 (that Scott says fixes the "hiss problem") just so the "hiss problem" won't suface if your 950 moves to another home theater with more efficient speakers, in the future?

[This message has been edited by Will (edited July 23, 2002).]

#38736 - 07/23/02 08:56 AM Re: I know patience is a virtue, but.....
merc Offline
Desperado

Does anyone know why some 950s have a big hiss, some have a little hiss, and others have no hiss?

------------------
Take Care,
merc
merc\'s primary system

#38737 - 07/23/02 09:26 AM Re: I know patience is a virtue, but.....
merc Offline
Desperado

Does fixing the hiss increase the S/N ratio? Is Outlaw sending a new fixed unit to S&V so that they can update their published tested specs on the unit? Maybe the unit that S&V received had the hiss issue on their test gear and that contributed to the tested noise specs?

------------------
Take Care,
merc
merc\'s primary system

#38738 - 07/23/02 09:56 AM Re: I know patience is a virtue, but.....
surroundophile Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chicago, Il. USA
Merc,
I sent an email to the Outlaws, suggesting the same thing, to send S&V an updated unit for re-evaluation, although they never responded to the email.

#38739 - 07/23/02 02:19 PM Re: I know patience is a virtue, but.....
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Outlaws prior displayed virtues have earned my patience.

I assume they triage resources and emergencies as most business’s during any given time period. I’ve seen Outlaw shelf addressing potential or past Purchaser's questions, generalized comments, suggestions, issues and impatient behavior while Outlaw is in the midst of a ongoing investigation debugging an existing (or bringing a new) product to market.

I have never seen Outlaw ignore a specific customer request to deal with a specific warranty issue in an amazingly prompt fashion. To the best of my knowledge they have always resolved the issue to the purchasers satisfaction.

However long they take to inform, explain resolve or notify about any other aspect connected with their business I can only go by their track record in the past which would be my personal top choice for the #1 weighted priorities when dealing with any company.

I will assume that the ‘Hiss” issue will be handled when concretely resolved by Outlaw in their usual exemplary fashion.
Until that time we are all like the 6 blind men grasping different portions of an elephants anatomy, sometimes too hasty to conclude that we understand the whole of something when we have experienced only a part.

#38740 - 07/23/02 07:12 PM Re: I know patience is a virtue, but.....
Jeremy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, CA, U.S.
She's blunt but she's got a point!

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 197 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts