Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#38511 - 08/14/02 04:33 PM Re: What up...?
charlie Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
But there are components like single ended triode tube amps that sound good, yet measure badly....sorry, just throwing fuel into the flames!

Which is a lot of why I don't trust listening tests much in absence of instrumented tests. If a well run listening test discovers a difference or preference the measurements can be very informative. As you say, one thing that seems to pop out is that some 'golden ears' like distortion. Whatever.

Charlie

#38512 - 08/14/02 05:28 PM Re: What up...?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by charlie:
As you say, one thing that seems to pop out is that some 'golden ears' like distortion. Whatever.

Charlie

Actually, distortion aside, class "A" single ended amps (tube or solid state) do not exibit crossover distortion. Push-Pull amps, especially solid state ones can have nasty garbage at the zero crossover point, which has to be taken care of with negative feedback, which has it's own problems. This is really only an issue with very efficient horn loaded speakers since they amplify any low level grundge upstream. The signal path has to be squeaky-clean.

#38513 - 08/15/02 12:02 PM Re: What up...?
Scott Offline
Desperado

Dear Outlaws:

As we have often stated, all of the Outlaws read all of the posts in this Forum, but we also refrain from interfering with the flow of the threads so that the discussion in not tilted in one direction or other by us. However, some of the recent posts have brought up a subject that I felt merits my personal intervention.

Some of you have complained that the August Update was a bit light on new information. We realize that, but given the promise to release something (a commitment that many of you were taking us to task on) we wanted to at least issue some statement. Laugh if you will, but we said that an Update would go out before the end of the week of the 5th, and it did. (In typical Outlaw time!)

That having been said, I’d like to provide some additional thoughts given the current discussions
As a member of the Outlaw team I am privy to the day-to-day flow of data between our engineering teams in Taiwan, California and New England, as well as the factory in Maylasia. I am confident that we are extremely close to resolution to the issues that have impacted the Model 950, but if we were to release daily updates it will only confuse matters and create more, not less frustrated customers.

To sum up: the discussions that I have been involved with in the last 96 hours since the Update was released -- indicate that we are really close. We have a plan ready to activate, and once we get the word from the factory, we will start to get the corrected Model 950s in your hands very quickly. I believe it, and the rest of the Outlaw's believe it. As a matter of fact, one of the Outlaws never went to bed last night as he dealt with engineering and production teams in Taiwan and Malaysia to nail down a “pesky” technical issue. (He stumbled into his day job this morning, only to pick up where he left off at 5:00 AM this morning!)

Bottom line: Nothing is more important to all of us than to get the 950 going again and we literally are working around the clock on it. However, we will do it right and that unfortunately takes time.

A final note: Those of you, who have come to know me over the last couple of years, know that I am dedicated to providing the quickest most accurate answers and service possible. It has never been my, or any other Outlaw's, intent to provide less than this. I was Outlaw’s first full time employee. I was excited to join the company then and am even more excited today about our future plans.

Sincerely,

Scott Jackson

#38514 - 08/15/02 03:20 PM Re: What up...?
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Still be nice to see a date for any of this. "What by when."

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#38515 - 08/15/02 11:45 PM Re: What up...?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Thank you Scott,
Appreciate the info!

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts