Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#38266 - 08/11/02 07:48 AM Where's the newsletter??????
willscary Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New London, WI, USA
A promise is now a week late. Even with the extra time because of the phrase "week of" they are late (as you all know!) This is quite rediculous.

#38267 - 08/11/02 09:20 AM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
And, unfortunately, not surprising based upon past history.

#38268 - 08/11/02 10:18 AM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vista, CA USA
I'm with you guys. I've been a staunch Outlaw supporter, even telling others to be patient. I'm now finding the lack of communication unacceptable. It pains me to say this, but I'll be seriously looking at other options starting now.
The Anthem sure looks good. didn't want to spend the extra money, but oh well.
Mix

#38269 - 08/11/02 10:45 AM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
willscary Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New London, WI, USA
After the mid-june update was sent, I called and talked to Scott. He would not give a date, but said "soon" and "should be less than a month". Then we get the July newsletter which stated either a renewal of shipping or a newsletter by the week of the 5th. I suppose that the Outlaw's week could start on a Monday, and therefore any announcement could come as late as midnight tonight, but this is really sad. Moreover, it could be a disaster for Outlaw, further alienating those of us faithful enough to continue to wait. I can honestly say that I have been looking at receivers from Denon, Sony ES, HK, and the Rotel 1066. The main reason I have stuck with waiting out the 950 is that it reminds me so much of the old NAD classics, which I consider to be some of the greatest values ever in audio.

I just deleted some comments that got fairly harsh. I sure hope the thoughts I just had turn out to be a figment of my frustration!

#38270 - 08/11/02 11:17 AM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

I thought about the Monday workweek thing, and even if it ends-up being true and they 'update' us today, I'm damn tired of waiting for something that I could have purchased MONTHS ago! (sorry about the run-on)
I too am a huge fan of the company model and have spent quite a few dollars here.
My waiting now has an end date. 8/31/02. No notification e-mail by then, No Outlaw purchase. Period.
Life's too short.
Mix

#38271 - 08/11/02 03:05 PM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
bigmac Offline
Gunslinger

I feel for you guys. I guess I just poke around here occasionally out of morbid curiosity, wondering when the 950 might actually ship (if ever??).

I gave up months ago and started looking around. Ended up buying a 1066 almost 2 months ago now. I figured (and my wife, too) that it would be the wash-the-car syndrome, and 950s would ship again the next day. Hasn't happened, not even any significant news!

I don't care how good the Outlaw products are, or how good of a value they are. This lack of communication is totally inexcusable. Miss a promise or deadline once or twice, most people will forgive. Do it often enough that it is 'expected' behavior from you, and I have very serious doubts about ever buying a product from you.

I'm actually amazed at the numbers here that have stuck around this long. I wonder how many on the waiting list have bailed at this point?

#38272 - 08/11/02 05:50 PM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
DMC Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mullica Hill, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by MixFixJ:

My waiting now has an end date. 8/31/02. No notification e-mail by then, No Outlaw purchase. Period.
Life's too short.
Mix

Mix, is that the week of 8/31?

DmC

#38273 - 08/11/02 05:57 PM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

DMC,
Very funny! (Really.)
Mix

#38274 - 08/11/02 05:58 PM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
I'm getting miffed too.

I am now thinking, I will purposefully not buy the 950 because I'm tired of the runaround.

"Do what you say you're going to do." What's so hard about that?

I wish Outlaw was a public company. The shareholders would be all over them right now for one of the most messed up product introductions I've ever seen.

Come on Pioneer, Denon, Sony, Onkyo, Yamaha: can't any of you see the business opportunity that you're missing?

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#38275 - 08/12/02 01:36 AM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
Quote:
Then we get the July newsletter which stated either a renewal of shipping or a newsletter by the week of the 5th. I suppose that the Outlaw's week could start on a Monday, and therefore any announcement could come as late as midnight tonight, but this is really sad.
Hmmm. Guess that report of either shipping or a newsletter during last week was incorrect. Where can I find the newsletter or email which stated this? The one here on the Outlaw site from July doesn't state a date... does it?

------------------
Take Care,
merc
merc\'s primary system

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 79 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM