Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#38286 - 08/13/02 01:25 PM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
James Tg Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Columbus, IN, USA
Mr. Hill, you hit my heart. The latest newsletter is a joke. I am waiting, waiting, and waiting to see the news. However, it disappoints me a lot. There is no firm date on the news. Based on the historical experience, if we are luck, we may obtain the 950 by Christmas. I am NOT going to focus on the Outlaws anymore. Rotel or Sherwood might be my new targets. My new pre/pro search is launching now. If I can find a pre-pro I like before obtaining 950, I would say bye-bye to Outlaws.

James

#38287 - 08/13/02 02:43 PM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
didjdude Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, CA
Ok, so some folks were emailed the newsletter and others were not (like myself). It is still not posted on the Outlaws site and I would realy like to read it. Can someone who has recieved it set up a link to the document please?

On another note, I've only been on the waiting list since June 2002. I thought I would be getting my unit by the end of this month. Man do I feel foolish now. If the company I work for operated like Outlaw, we would have lost most of the persepective costumers after the second missed date, and would have none interested by now.

didjdude

#38288 - 08/13/02 03:02 PM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
On the list since February.... The Sherwood is going to get a long look from me. Judging from the Outlaw 'schedule', I'll have a lot of time to look. One benefit of the Sherwood is that they are a big company and as such can pour much more money into R&D and fixes than a smaller company like Outlaw. Good intentions go only so far....

#38289 - 08/13/02 03:04 PM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Will posted it in this thread Monday morning (a few posts down).

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#38290 - 08/13/02 03:10 PM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Makes me wonder why they had to wait so long to post this 'non-news'! Are they trying to tweak us on purpose? And what about the rumor that people who bitch online will get units that will start hissing on the next full moon.

#38291 - 08/13/02 03:11 PM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
didjdude Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, CA
Thanks Gonk.

didjdude

#38292 - 08/13/02 04:14 PM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
This commentary is coming to you from Cold Comfort Farm. I realize I am an utterly different animal from most at the moment, because I have a 950 up and running. I really really like this unit, in addition I find myself liking it more as time goes by. As many are aware, I’m not trained, - I don’t have a lot of background and this is one of my first foray in years into purchasing electronics. I stay away from boutique B&M’s, (deliberately) where most units I’d really be curious to hear for myself reside. I have heard many of the current latest breaking and older models in the chains, Marantz, Pioneer, Denon, Onkyo, HK, etc. I have yet to run into any I like more than my 950.

Would I have gone and purchased something else if my reservation had not come up during the 2nd shipping? No idea because I can swing both ways under those circumstances.

I still have yet to see anything that intrigues me at the 950’s price point. It’s also crossed my mind to contemplate if I’m luckier than I realize. Recently I wondered if Outlaw is struggling with any type of decision in the realm of while changing specs to resolve whatever issues they’ve uncovered it increases the costs of the 950 beyond the point which they could absorb. In other words, end up having to announce all waitlists will receive their 950 at the originally stated price, but future orders will be?

I’m on the wait list for a replacement, to resolve hissing which effects me only in analog input. I feel so deeply sorry for those still waiting, am so content with the 950 in my rack now, I would happily (Outlaws you can mark it so) sit on this unit till orders from reservations dated through May are filled. I realize this is only a one-unit leg up for someone, but hey… share the joy.

Maybe I’m naive and new to the upgrade bug, but unless I’m willing to look at something like Lexicon, I just can’t see the need arising when I look at upcoming projected brands/models for upgrading my 950 for a very long time. I don’t see any truly revolutionary ground breaking new sound decoders on any horizon. There will be a sprinkling of THX ULTRA II types and the likes, just another ‘shade of’.
DVI, Firewire etc, there is too much controversy now in that area and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. The upgrades (downloads and/or factory installed) seem too predominantly affect adding to units what the 950 already incorporates in its feature list. And in forums I often see the upgraders debating whether or not its time to sell and try a new unit rather than spend for the upgrade offered, such as DP11.

I still think Outlaw has been exemplary in every area since I started watching them in Dec 01. And I don’t fault them for their engineering problems with the 950, if they could fix it and ship it - they would.
I will agree that Outlaw should stick to their news deadlines, no matter what….if even regretfully having to report they have no further new information at this time. The news deadlines (unlike production difficulties) are static and something Outlaw can responsibly address. (Although I feel for the messenger, when it’s bad news) Outlaw waiters for the most part will vent and display disappointment with shipping delays, yet have also been quite generous with their patience when newsletter, newsdate schedule’s are adhered to.

Quote:
You brought up a good point. One that I have considered. What if at the end of baseball season, Outlaw announces the introduction of the high end pre/pro. "Deliveries beginning soon." You pick a delivery date. I would certainly be interested in the product coupled with the 770. Would you or anyone consider getting on the wait list?

Yes absolutely, people have loved their ICBM’s, 770's, 750's, their 1050’s, and me …my 950. The 950’s very satisfactory and I’d be a happy camper waiting for its big brother to overcome whatever delays assail its release. I KNOW I’m on the other side of the mountain from many here. But I was in those shoes for 6 months, just giving you my 2cents …The views great, - wish you were here- soon!

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited August 13, 2002).]

#38293 - 08/13/02 04:28 PM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
Quote:
Makes me wonder why they had to wait so long to post this 'non-news'! Are they trying to tweak us on purpose?
Maybe, it may now be an inside Outlaw joke to try and post updates on the absolute last possible minute according to the latest interpretation of when they stated it would post. Hey, if anyone needs a good chuckle it is the Outlaw folks.

Quote:
And what about the rumor that people who bitch online will get units that will start hissing on the next full moon.
Oh yeah. This one IS true. Writing this into the software is what is taking them so long to send you your new 950.
merc\'s primary system

#38294 - 08/13/02 07:48 PM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
Quote:

The Sherwood is going to get a long look from me. Judging from the Outlaw 'schedule', I'll have a lot of time to look. One benefit of the Sherwood is that they are a big company and as such can pour much more money into R&D and fixes than a smaller company like Outlaw.

The Outlaw pre/pro/tuner will probably resume shipping before the Sherwood pre/pro/tuner ships. The only DPL II pre/pro (it's a non-tuner, however) in its price range shipping today, is the Rotel.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited August 13, 2002).]

#38295 - 08/13/02 09:34 PM Re: Where's the newsletter??????
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by Will:

The Outlaw pre/pro/tuner will probably resume shipping before the Sherwood pre/pro/tuner ships. The only DPL II pre/pro (it's a non-tuner, however) in its price range shipping today, is the Rotel.

I certainly hope the Outlaw ships - and soon. It has exactly the feature set I need, and one the Rotel doesn't nave, i.e. more comprehensive bass management options. I already have a very good seperate tuner so that's not an issue with me. In fact, an on-board tuner could in fact be a liability if the RF junk from the tuner section intermodulates with the other audio circuits, creating spurious junk. Of course, Outlaw engineers thought of all that, right (-:

[This message has been edited by Will (edited August 13, 2002).][/QUOTE]

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts