Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 10 of 15 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 >
Topic Options
#37858 - 07/01/02 01:51 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
Quote:
Merc, I find your use of profanity truly literate, mature, and effective!
Mix... what the F are you even talking about... you cannot even prove your cursitive point that you made in trying to derail my simple suggestions, how in hell can you even try to prove misdeeds on my part at all...
Simple... you can't and it is better to run than to defend.

Come on Fix... what do you want???

If you choose to pick one personal decision for cables and not for speakers, receiver, preamps, amps... you are simply a hypocrite.
Don't you agree?
merc\'s primary system

#37859 - 07/01/02 02:00 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
JKohn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Houston, TX
congrats merc, this has to be one of the more clever troll threads I've seen in a while.

#37860 - 07/01/02 02:05 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
merc Offline
Desperado

Jeff... if this is a Trol thread, then why didn/t you please supply an answer??? DOH!\

Thanks for adding the FARTS!

They Stink! PeeeUuuuw.

[This message has been edited by merc (edited July 01, 2002).]
merc\'s primary system

#37861 - 07/01/02 06:16 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Why do I even bother to join in on these things...

Quote:
Okay. How do we know that all/some components are not performing alike? Where are the DBT/ABX trials which show this? How could you make such a statement without them for some, and not for all??? Please show me the DBT/ABX trial results for the latest Technics vs Denon units?

Well, it's clear that my previous post went in one ear and out another. Two pieces of equipment that are constructed using identical materials, and laid out in an identical fashion, they will operate identicaly (as is the nature of anything constructed in mass). Provided that the "guts" of your reciever, pre, or amp are in fact the same guts (transitiors, chips, decoding software) you will get the same sound. If you didn't, lord only knows why names and product numbers would have any influence over your purchase, because there would be no guarantee that it would sound like the other piece of equipment. Amps, recievers, dvd players, pre's, tv's use thousands of parts in their construction. It (should) go without argument that if you use AB and C to make product X, that in every case you will get a product X when you use A, B and C. If however you replace C with say Y, there's no assurance that you will get X. That's where subjectiveness comes in. You may prefer X over Y, that''s personal preferance. However if company A sells what is essentialy X for $10, and company B sells X for $100, there is only one way that they can pull it off, and that's by convincing you that for some reason their product X is far superior to company A's product X. (much akin to Bose's model of operations...by gosh)

Quote:
So, you are admitting that by your listening experience, you too can tell the difference between stuff when they exist? Is that what you are saying?

NO, what I"m saying is that your interconnects are simply a conductor for the electrical current between your pre and your amp. IT'S A BRIDGE FOR ELECTRICAL SIGNALS. It's wire. No matter how fancy you think it needs to be...the bottom line is that it's WIRE. Conductivity and shielding are the two most important factors (the first, in order to pass your electrical signals along to their path, the second, to prevent other more powerfull signals from interfering with your desired signal from readhing it's desired path.)

Whew.

Soo...what I"m saying is provided you've got either (your preferance) a copper insulated wire, or a silver insulated wire, or if by id doesn't realy matter. But if someone is telling you that their wire made of A and insulated by B is better then the competitions wire that is constucted from A and insulated with B, well...it doesn't hold up.

Jason

#37862 - 07/01/02 06:22 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Quote:

With cables, the importance of "properly shielded" and good build quality cannot be underestimated. When I first got the home theater itch, I had read the ABX results that all well designed cables basically sound the same, and combined it with a "I have no money - so cheap cables it is!" mantra. When I noticed that cymbals didn't shimmer and horns didn't spit, I first checked the speakers, then the gear. Then I thought to look at the lamp cord that served as my speaker cable, and noticed brown imperfections? burned out areas? in sections of the stuff. When I switched it out for 'the original offering from a monster company in the cable business' I was treated to simply amazing results: there was no high end before, now there was. I'm sure Merc will point out that some cables clearly DO sound different. In any case, I've used better quality, name brand stuff ever since.

-avi

Avi,

I'm not saying that the different cable gagues dont make a differance, but simply that someone who is trying to sell you a 12 guage copper cable for $1.00 a foot has more honesty then the guy who will sell you a foot of the same 12 guage cable for $100 a foot. Especially after toting someone's review of how it made his sistem "shimmer" or "mellowed it out". If it's ABC, its ABC..

Back to the fox hole

-Jason

[This message has been edited by fmcorps (edited July 01, 2002).]

#37863 - 07/01/02 08:53 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vista, CA USA
Good Morning All,

Maybe if we're quiet he'll just go away! Have a good week.
Mix

#37864 - 07/01/02 10:59 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
werner52 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bismarck, ND USA
Jason-Lobbing magic cables into your foxhole

For me personally different cables have made a difference in my system. (In my best Forrest Gump voice) And that's all I got to say about that.

[This message has been edited by werner52 (edited July 01, 2002).]

#37865 - 07/01/02 12:43 PM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
“It is my view that the gun fight was neither an ambush or an execution, I feel it was more of a tragedy/accident. As you what happened leading up to the battle you will realize that mistakes were made by both parties. Virgil should not had had Doc Holiday involved and Ike Clanton should have not shot off his mouth. I hope to show that most if not all of the Clanton gang wanted to leave town instead of fight. What I will also suggest is that the Earp party did not murder the cowboy's but they only reacted the way that threatened men would react in dangerous situations….

The Cowboys were watching with terror as the Earp party walked right passed Sheriff Behan. The Earps rounded the corner and then everyone was in lot 2 block 17 just off Freemont street. So on one side you had Wyatt, Virgil, Morgan Earp and John Henry Holliday and on the other you had Billy Claiborne, Isaac and William Clanton , Frank and Tom Mclaury along with 2 horses.(the identity of the horses are not known.)..

The Town was divided into two camps: Pro Earp and Anti Earp. Many townspeople would say that the Earp's were murderers and that they should be hanged. Many people felt that justice had been served. It is important to note that prior to the shootout the general feeling of the town was that ranchers and cowboys (including the Clantons and the Mclaurys) were lawless trouble makers. A good number of the citizens were happy that the cowboys died and some of the people would have preferred that they all killed each other.”

Courtesy “The town too tough to Die” @ http://www.tombstone.250x.com/

#37866 - 07/01/02 12:53 PM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
-- great post, SLL...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#37867 - 07/01/02 01:09 PM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
merc Offline
Desperado

Heck... I'm going to the beach.

Happy 4th of July Everyone!

------------------
Take Care,
merc
merc\'s primary system

Page 10 of 15 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts