Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#3773 - 03/12/03 10:49 PM 1050 not working
walrus palrus Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Canyon Lake, California
My 1050, that I have owned and been satisfied with for some months now, is not turning on. The low power light is on but neither the famous green button nor my remote will turn the unit on. I have tried unplugging the unit and after a couple of minutes plugging it in again, turning off the switch in back of unit and turning it on again but to no avail. The 1050 is hooked up to a good surge protector as are my other components, so, I can't figure out what I am missing. Can someone please help?

#3774 - 03/13/03 10:01 PM Re: 1050 not working
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
The same thing happened to me once. Check the fuse on the unit. It is just below the power cord wire in the back. I took my 1050's fuse out and put it right back in and that fixed my problem. It is also possible that the fuse is blown so you may need to get a new one.

#3775 - 03/13/03 10:57 PM Re: 1050 not working
vidgamer Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Florida, USA
Walrus, I just had a similar problem. In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd have thought I made your post. We had some brownouts, and I figured something was fried. I checked the fuse, and it was still intact.

I had unplugged and replugged the unit, and messed with the buttons, but nothing. I left it unplugged, and checked again the next day -- the yellow led lighted up, but went off as soon as I touched something. I fiddled with switches and buttons, but again, nothing worked.

At this point I assumed it was time for repair, but I had left it unplugged for a couple of days. I started to disconnect a couple of the cables, in preparation for sending it back, stopped, and decided to fool with it again. This time, after turning on and mashing buttons, it came back! Works good as new.

So, I guess my advice is to leave it unplugged and off for a couple of days, and see if you can bring it back to life. If not, try sending it in for repair.

The only thing I can figure is that it had to reset its internal memory but aside from that, I dunno!

#3776 - 03/15/03 09:33 AM Re: 1050 not working
walrus palrus Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thank you for the fuse suggestion and the longer unplugging suggestion. The fuse is O.K., so, I'm leaving it unplugged for a couple of days before contacting Outlaw. The L.E.D. under the famous green button continues to burn brightly while the unit is plugged in but the button itself feels like it doesn't want to depress, as if it is stuck in the depressed position. I don't want to push it beyond a firm push for fear of breaking something but maybe the problem is within the mechanical action of the switch connected to the button! Does anyone have any further thoughts before I give up and begin boxing it up for shipping? The thought of sending it back stirs up feelings of depression. I guess I'm trying to avoid parting with it.

#3777 - 04/17/03 01:11 PM Re: 1050 not working
walrus palrus Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Just an update on my 1050 that was not working. I left it unplugged for a couple weeks and then plugged it back in again and, yes, it worked again just like new. Thanks for your helpful suggestions, there must have been alot of built up static electricity in the unit.

------------------

#3778 - 04/17/03 02:01 PM Re: 1050 not working
bolson Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

This doesn't really sound like an acceptable solution. If I had to turn off my computer for two weeks in order to reboot I would be screaming mad and placing calls to customer service.

#3779 - 04/18/03 10:51 AM Re: 1050 not working
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
Fortunately the OS of the 1050 is not an MS product. If it crashed as often as windows I might agree with you that it would not be an acceptable solution

BTW my 1050 has never had a problem like this

#3780 - 01/06/08 04:14 AM Re: 1050 not working
PaleRider_Sr Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Houston
Hey everyone. Thanks for posting this information. I just ran into this problem after a power surge in the area. I was able to pull the plug and put a jummper across the prongs for a5 minutes and the system reset. Shorting the prongs on the plug makes the reset much quicker.

Thanks.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts