Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 >
Topic Options
#37798 - 06/29/02 02:04 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vista, CA USA
Hello All,
I'm not going to get into the 'audio jewelry debate' again. If you can hear a difference, then more power to you. And placebos have been known to miraculously cure cancer. (Damn! I let my opinion show.) Just a note: I'm now using all Outlaw interconnects in my system. About ten pairs of differing lengths. I find them to be of high build quality and I like the way they look. The appearance factor is just for my own satisfaction as I find that I don't get a lot of requests for tours of the back of my rack.
How do they sound? Well, when I first took them out of the package I didn't hear a thing. No audible 'hiss'. Nothing. Even when I held them right up to my ear. I figured that they might need some 'burn-in' or a good 'break-in' period so I just let them sit for a while. That did the trick. I hooked them up to my system and it was a life changing experience! Such 'musicality'!
Such incredible 'depth' without being to 'dark'. Just in case they were too 'bright', I wore sunglasses.
Gosh, ever since I started reading the Outlaw Forum I've learned so many things about audio that I just don't know how I ever made it as an Audio Engineer on my own!

I'll apologize for the sarcasm ahead of time.
Mix

#37799 - 06/29/02 10:53 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
I've had it... so I'm editing all my posts in this thread.

I make a suggestion, which may or may not help some folks improve their 950's performance, and... boom, here comes the glass half empty, negative nebob folks with their criticism. Of course, none of them offer an alternative positive idea.
Once again, no good deed goes unpunished.

I'm done. I'm joining the thread farters. IT'S TIME for me to be a nasty Son of a Bitch too.

[This message has been edited by merc (edited June 30, 2002).]
merc\'s primary system

#37800 - 06/29/02 11:01 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
Amir Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Washigton, DC, USA
Ok Guys! The cable may have some effect due to the different capacitance and inductance of the material and mybe if you have a very revealing system and great ears and good materila YOU can hear the difference. But how can a digital cable carrying ones and zeros have any effect. If this were the case you printers would not print correctly, you programs would not run and nothing in your computer would work. Besides the quality of the connectors we use for our computers are in the most part less exacting than the one's for the "audiophile". The digital signal also carries error correcting bits that can correct any errors in the signal. I think the only thing that can effect the signal is the DA converter. No matter what you do to the signal the one is going to be a 1 and a Zero will be a 0.

#37801 - 06/29/02 11:11 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
merc Offline
Desperado

I make a suggestion, which may or may not help some folks improve their 950's performance, and... boom, here comes the glass half empty, negative nebob folks with their criticism. Of course, none of them offer an alternative positive idea.

I'm done. I'm joining the thread farters. IT'S TIME for me to be a nasty Son of a Bitch too.

merc\'s primary system

#37802 - 06/29/02 11:28 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vista, CA USA
Merc: of course there is an audible difference in gear. Never said that there wasn't. Comparably constructed, quality cables? Nope, sorry. I'd even go so far as to say that I would challenge anybody to tell the difference between OFC copper and silver (analogue) interconnects. I participated in blind tests covering a vast amount of pro gear,including interconnects, while auditioning equipment for new stages at Disney World. These tests were done using the finest testing instruments avalilable at the time (i.e. O-scopes, IVIE Anylizers, TEF for accoustics, etc.) Also subjective listening by a group of AE's that do this for a living. Results?: Tons of difference in gear. No discernable audible difference in quality interconnects.
But like I said before, if it sounds better to you if you throw more money at it, more power to you.
Damn, I guess I'm participating in this debate again after all. It is good fun, you know.
Mix

#37803 - 06/29/02 11:32 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
mojoman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Well, if you want something that WILL make an audible difference I suggest a product called Audio Oil. You just rub it on your cables and you'll instantly hear better sonics, a more liquid midrange, deep tight bass, wider and taller soundstage and even Bo*e speakers will image like crazy.

You see the problem with cables is that all these electrons have to squeeze thorough this tiny wire and it's real easy for them to become congested (kind of like a microscopic traffic jam). Audio Oil penatrates to the electrons and makes them more slippery which results in the afore mentioned benefits. These benefits have all been verified via extensive quadruple blind testing in my personal anechoic chamber.

Audio Oil can be purchased internet direct for only $129.95 for a 1/2 oz bottle good for treating up to 2 miles of wire. Is equally effective on analogue and digital cables as well as corns, boils and sore a** holes.

Act now and I'll double the amount to one full oz. of Audio Oil for no additional cost and include free shipping.

Cash or Money Orders only.

#37804 - 06/29/02 11:40 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
merc Offline
Desperado

merc\'s primary system

#37805 - 06/29/02 11:43 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
merc Offline
Desperado

merc\'s primary system

#37806 - 06/29/02 11:46 AM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
charlie Offline
Desperado

On a personal level, perception is an interesting thing. No one can tell merc or jeremy what things sound like *to them* because no one else knows. I like cheese and I like noodles, but because of a childhood incident I cannot *stand* mac & cheese.

The point is that the part of perception that happens inside our head is just as real as any other part, to us. But in order to export that to others a higher level of scrutiny must be employed.

At the point where one wants to convince others that they shouldn't taste mac and cheese as just cheese with noodles or that something outside all laws of physics is going on in an electrical conductor the part that is going on inside ones head should be eliminated, because although it is real, it is internal to the person(s) making the claim.

As merc said 'perception IS reality', but part of a persons perception is real for everyone, the rest is not.

PS - The guy with the clotheshanger had a receiver (Pioneer Elite?) that actually tallied data errors. There were none.

#37807 - 06/29/02 12:03 PM Re: Wanna make your 950 sound more like a 1066?
Steve_C Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tallahassee, Fl
Just a thought. Do any of the High End cable manufacturers actualy attend the CES shows ?
Seems to me if my $$$$$$ interconnects and speaker cables sounded so much better than another mfrs $ cable I might want to publicly demonstrate this phenomenon.
Since I'm a beer budget shopper with chapmange tastes I'll just have to stick with with Outlaw or AR cables for now .

Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts