Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#37621 - 06/29/02 04:03 PM Missing SW test tone from Sony SCD-CE775?
wineoh Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Aurora, IL, USA
I'm not getting a subwoofer test tone to play from my new Sony SCD-CE775 SACD player through the 5.1 multi-channel input on my 950. I've verified that the player is producing the tone (by hooking the sub-amp directly to the player and hearing the tone), so I'm wondering if the ".1" analogue input on my 950 is "broken"?

Has anyone else has run into this?

Is it possible that the tone is being filtered out before making it to the sub-out on the 950? (When played directly through the sub-amp, the tone has a pretty high frequency for a subwoofer tone.)

Also, for the record, I've double-checked the cables involved, so the cables aren't the cause. And I have no problem getting the 950's built-in sub-tone to play, so that part of the 950 is ok as well. Thanks for your help.

Mike K

#37622 - 06/29/02 09:00 PM Re: Missing SW test tone from Sony SCD-CE775?
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
Mike, I'm assuming the 950 is set in Direct Bypass- 6 channel input and the player is set up for a sub out signal (ie "5 small + sub). I have a C222ES, which is similar, and noticed that using the Sony test tones, I had to crank the sub trim adjustment to max and volume level way up to hear it. I finally checked for a signal to the sub during playback of a multi-channel SACD and verified that the sub was working fine. Bottom line- it's probably working fine- it's just the quirky Sony test setup. That's all I know! Hope this helps. By the way, SACD stereo and multi-channel is awesome IMO.

#37623 - 07/01/02 11:20 PM Re: Missing SW test tone from Sony SCD-CE775?
Patrick Collins Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, Ca
Mike,

I just finished remodeling our house and now I can't find my manual for my SCD-CE775. I needed the manual to figure out how to activate the test tone. Tell me how and I'll report back how it sounds through my 950.

Patrick

#37624 - 07/14/02 08:05 PM Re: Missing SW test tone from Sony SCD-CE775?
wineoh Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Aurora, IL, USA
Sorry for the delayed response - my PC died an unexpected software failure that took me a while to recover from. I just tried a test similar to the one Steve mentioned, using a 2 channel SACD disc, with the SACD player set 2 channel config set to "two + sub", and verified that I was getting a sub signal through the 6 channel direct sub input. (I disconnected the two main channels to make sure that the sound from the sub was not any bass redirected by the 950.) So, as Steve pointed out, the quirk appears to be with the volume level of the sub test tone from the Sony, not the 950. Thanks for the help.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts