Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#37487 - 06/05/02 05:02 PM So I went to the Hilton and saw the 950...
Spaceman Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

...and it does exist (I wasn't too sure, what with all messages flying back and forth around here about Outlaws infamous delays).

The Outlaws played a movie, "Vertical Limit", I believe it was, using the 950, 770 and Atlantic Technologies 450 THX speakers. Sounded fantastic in that little room, completely enveloped by the sound.

So I came home and ordered a 950 and 755 amp. At the show, I was told 45 days to ship one to me. No problem, as I need time to find some quality speakers. Throw some suggestions my way.

Three caveats:
1. Home Theater is nice, but I would have liked to hear some music piped thru the 950. Every vendor I visited pushed music thru their systems except Outlaw. Music is more important to me. Any system can play loud.

2. In that small room, I don't know if the 950 sounded great, or the Atlantic speakers (which I think are pretty good) just overwhelmed that room. That room was SMALL. Anyone else at the show?

3. I can't remember #3.

btw, I'm a little miffed that I didn't get the light saber pen

------------------
Emin

#37488 - 06/05/02 06:58 PM Re: So I went to the Hilton and saw the 950...
jm99 Offline
Gunslinger

I sat through a demo on Saturday afternoon. I had sat in the right front to give folks that did not have a 950 yet a chance at a good audition. The demo was very loud and distorted (either the speakers or my ears were over-driven). The Atlantic 450's durability is impressive.

#37489 - 06/05/02 11:02 PM Re: So I went to the Hilton and saw the 950...
Steve in Sterling Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Sterling, Va
Does anybody believe what they told Spaceman about 45 days. It seems as tho nothing is being shipped right now...or people who are getting them don't visit forums.

#37490 - 06/06/02 12:44 AM Re: So I went to the Hilton and saw the 950...
JKohn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Houston, TX
I don't see how they could get through the entire reservation list in 45 days considering they haven't even gotten through the January reserverations yet, and there was supposedly a large number of reservations in February after the beta testers started talking.

#37491 - 06/06/02 12:47 AM Re: So I went to the Hilton and saw the 950...
Mono Man Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Princeton, NJ
I got to play a bit of a multichannel DVD-Audio in the Outlaw room on the Atlantic Technology speakers at a reasonable volume(before the show got busy) and it sounded fine.

#37492 - 06/06/02 08:51 AM Re: So I went to the Hilton and saw the 950...
Spaceman Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

jm99:
I stood in the middle rear of the room parallel to the rear speakers, so I wasn't blasted by the sound.

Steve:
I was told by the rep at the show that the 755 amp was available now, but the 950 was 45 days. I knew they were backlogged in getting their product to the users, but I thought they would start catching up on the orders, it is June.

So what's the status? Are the Outlaws shipping? Or are they having quality control issues?

Just as importantly, Should I start looking elsewhere? I'd hate to lose out on what appears to be a fine product.

------------------
Emin

#37493 - 06/06/02 04:23 PM Re: So I went to the Hilton and saw the 950...
RichW Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NYC, NY
I was at the show on friday night and sunday and went to outlaw both times.

I was in the last showing, twice once in dpl2 and once in DD on Friday night. I also heard some music, not enough.

On Sunday, I went and saw it again, and asked about music, they told me possibly later. I went back, but they were getting such long lines it was not possible.

I didn't get much of an opinion on the music side of things. I thought it was very clear and articulate for movies. I found the system, including the speakers, to be very neutral, crisp and clear. I give some of that credit to the amp.

however, I thought overall the atlantic speakers were good but not great. I would like to have heard the outlaw played for music more than movies (i listen to a lot more music than i watch tv) and with different speakers.

Overall, I thought the product seemed very good, especially for the money, and the Outlaw people were very likeable.

Plus I got a coolio pen from them, and I am easily bought

Rich

Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM