Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#37482 - 06/06/02 10:15 AM Re: Canadian purchasers of Outlaw equipment?
Amir Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Washigton, DC, USA
There are three major factors involved using a digital source. The preamp/processor, the amp and the speakers. For example I had auditioned the Rotel amp at home and with my speakers the sound was not bight or forward but the same amp with Rotel processor 1066 and Theil speakers the sound was very forward and not to my liking. This is very personal and everyone has a different taste. I have not heard the Outlaw and was not interested in their amp since. I have the Parasound and I am very happy with it, no fans, 220W /channel and I can run it for hours without it even feel warm to touch. My speakers are Paradigm studio 60?s for the front and 20?s for the back/side with matching center channel Studio CC and Paradigm sub. I am not that picky about the movie ? the Denon 2800 I have now that I am using as a pre/processor is just fine ? but music is another story. I audition the pre/processors mostly for their musical ability an not so much for movies since any one will be as good if not much better than the Denon I have.

I checked out the Audioreview site. I think most people paid about $2700 US for their AVM20. I do not know which reviewer said that they got the amp for less. Please let me know what you find out.
amir@lamusa.cc

Regards

#37483 - 06/06/02 12:04 PM Re: Canadian purchasers of Outlaw equipment?
jbritt Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Pickering, Ontario, Canada
It would appear we in Canada have an advantage with regards to pricing (only with Paradigm/Anthem products). I have already been quoted 3600 $CAN for the AVM20 which is about 2350 $US (and he said the price when/if i show up will be less).I highly doubt that you will be able to get the AVM20 for 2350 $US. I have Studio 80's that i got for 1500 $CAN (about 975 $US).It seems Paradigm/Anthem in particular give us poor Canadians a break on their domestic/international pricing. (like you Amir, i have the Studio/CC and Studio 20's for the rear surrounds, but i dont have the sub yet). Anyway, i planned on buying the AVM20 at the end of June, but other issues have forced me to delay this. Im looking at August now i think (hey, maybe they'll have the DPLII upgrades by then?)

#37484 - 06/06/02 01:27 PM Re: Canadian purchasers of Outlaw equipment?
Amir Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

See if you get a better price if you buy two AVM20 then we can buy them together and have one shipped to me. I have used a Paradigm/Anthem dealer in Toronto before where I bought my studio 20's from (used). Send me your email address and I will give you his information (I do not want to cause any problems for them since they are not to ship outside their territory) he might be able to get us a better deal. BTW I read the post regarding the comparison of AVM20 And the 950 and their similar sounds. But the features of AVM20 seems much more superior and worth the price (at least to me).
The DPL II is not as impressive as the advertise. I still prefer stereo or 5 channel stereo to any processed sound the originated in stereo. This includes the much more expensive processors like Meridian. keep in mind the added features seems to increase the cost by about $300 US.

#37485 - 06/06/02 01:30 PM Re: Canadian purchasers of Outlaw equipment?
Amir Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Jbirtt,
check out the Parasound HCA-2205 you should be able find one used from Audiogon for about $1300 US.

#37486 - 06/07/02 01:04 AM Re: Canadian purchasers of Outlaw equipment?
jbritt Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Pickering, Ontario, Canada
Parasound? I think their stuff is probably pretty good, but the preamp you mention seems to always come out 3rd in a comparison of the AVM20/something else/ and the HCA. Maybe people dumping them? I know I've seen someone else on this board mention something about coming up to Canada to buy Paradigms. (For them, it was a savings, even with the cost of travel and doing all the proper paper work).(Hey! free trade?)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts