Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#37327 - 06/14/02 03:51 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Quote:
Originally posted by jacket_fan:
Yo President Gonk,

What is your theory on the latest delivery scandal? Why do you think Outlaw stopped delivery at the same time they sent out an email promising delivery? Can't be a parts supply issue, could be trying to fix-a-hiss or could be something else.

I am at a loss as to what is going on.

I'm not really sure what the story is. Aside from some off-topic discussion with Mike back in May I haven't talked to the Outlaws in a while. I would not be surprised at all if they stopped to check on (and try to resolve) the hiss / noise issue. The estimate of fulfilling orders did crop up around there, though, which I can't explain.

("President Gonk" reminded me of a former co-worker who once had a sign on his cube wall with the title "Project Engineer Of Note" after his name -- "P.E.O.N." I guess Friday is "random association day." )

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#37328 - 06/14/02 04:06 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
LQQK Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Earth
Predictions:

Outlaw is fixing the problems.

When the problems are rectified, they will tell the world.

Expect to be excited about their silence.

The majority will be satisfied with the 950.

Those who purchase something else will regret not waiting, or at least will have haunting doubts about their decision to spend hundreds more.

I will get criticized for my predictions.

LQQK

#37329 - 06/14/02 05:07 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
JKohn Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Houston, TX
Quote:
Those who purchase something else will regret not waiting, or at least will have haunting doubts about their decision to spend hundreds more.
I beg to differ. I reserved on Jan 16th, which means I'm probably at the top of the waiting list right now since the last known shipment was for somebody who reserved on the 14th.

But you know what, I'm actually thankful for the delays, because while I was waiting I heard more and more from people who had actually compared the 950 and the 1066 in their homes, and I came to the conclusion that the 1066 would be better suited to my needs. So I bought a 1066 and have no regrets at all. Meanwhile, if I hadn't gone with the 1066 I would still be waiting...

#37330 - 06/14/02 05:29 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
-- LQQK-radamus!

Quote:

Predictions:
The majority will be satisfied with the 950.

I would say that's a pretty reasonable prediction.

Quote:

This one may be a stretch. As much as I have been extremely satisfied with my 950, I get the impression that the Rotel 1066 is a very worthy equal in general. I'd guess that most who chose to go with Rotel in lieu of the 950 will be fairly satisfied, even with the extra few hundred dollars on the pricetag. And anybody who steps up to something above a 1066 (AVM20, for example) will probably choose to do so more for the added tweakability and upgradeability than anything else.

Quote:

I will get criticized for my predictions.

LOL! Yeah, I'd expect a little of that, too...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts