Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#37317 - 06/13/02 02:10 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Folks keep saying that Outlaw is doing a good job of keeping the posse informed. I have grown weary of the way I have been strung along. If someone says that I will get something on a certain day, I expect it. A month ago we got an email that stated Jan orders filled by the end of May and Feb and March orders by mid June. Neither deadline met. Question: Has Outlaw met a published date during the 950s introduction? Surely this astute group can find a published delivery date that was met. I can't find one.

Yet we support the delays and misinformation. I know I am gullible and a glutton for punishment, but this has gotten ridiculous.

I still do not think that Outlaw is that badly mismanaged. I think they really do not care about those on the list. Sorta like, "If you don't want to wait, fine, someone else will order".

I know I am venting again.

mjh

mj

#37318 - 06/13/02 04:09 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
The people who own Outlaw have been in the audio business for years. They might know exactly what they're doing. The missed dates is a repeated pattern. Maybe accidental, certainly repeated.

#37319 - 06/13/02 05:12 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
I agree; this is way beyond accidental.

Even though I already have my 950, I'd still really like to know why they haven't been shipping any for the past three weeks, and I'd even more like to know why they've been so silent about it.

Seems VERY fishy to me. Don't know if I'd go so far as to say dishonest, but I'd certainly say inconsiderate.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#37320 - 06/13/02 05:30 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
I don't blame anyone for venting. I also own my 950 but I got that like 6 weeks ago. What is the deal? All I can say is I feel bad for those of you still waiting and I don't know if I could handle the teasing nature of how the 950 is being released. Just when you finally think you have it they yank it away. This has gotten strange.

#37321 - 06/13/02 06:29 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
James Tg Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Columbus, IN, USA
I am on the waiting list too, and, like most of you, I feel extremely bad about the delivery uncertainty. People say Outlaw's service is excellent, but it is definitely NOT in this case. The May newsletter has not yet come out. I would like to suggest that Outlaw informs their customers what is going on even they have QC issues and they are working on them. We live in the reality and know there is no perfect world. People want some expectation instead of walking in the completely dark aisle. Put your customer first. Otherwise, your competitors will.

James

#37322 - 06/14/02 01:41 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
bigmac Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by brianca:
From the last Outlaw mailing with the shipping estimates in it:

Quote:
Please use these dates as a guide, and we'll let you know if an unanticipated issue causes any major slippage

There's the key phrase right there...

"unanticipated issue"

Since shipments stopped pretty much immediately after that shipping update went out, this delay wasn't unanticipated for them...they just haven't bothered telling any of us about it.

There's another thread stating that the clones can't ship until Outlaw fills all pre-orders. Don't want to accuse Outlaw of this, but that sounds like an easy way for them to have 'delays', keep building pre-orders, and put off their competitors from being able to sell their own units.

#37323 - 06/14/02 01:43 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
bigmac Offline
Gunslinger

Oh yeah.... I'm going out to listen to a 1066 today... I wouldn't mind waiting and waiting for a 950 if I had some (any) idea of when I might get one. With no news, it's gonna be a lot easier for me to pull the trigger on something else.

#37324 - 06/14/02 02:49 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
bigmac

Quote:
There's another thread stating that the clones can't ship until Outlaw fills all pre-orders. Don't want to accuse Outlaw of this, but that sounds like an easy way for them to have 'delays', keep building pre-orders, and put off their competitors from being able to sell their own units.

Sounds like a pretty malevolent theory, since the first company to announce a clone was Atlantic Tech, a company that has long-standing ties to Outlaw. I don't know what the situation is with 950 shipments (haven't talked to any of the Outlaw crew in a while), but if there has been a decision to slow things down it was not done to zing some other companies at the expense of Outlaw and Outlaw's customers. Hopefully we'll hear more specifics soon...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#37325 - 06/14/02 03:06 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Yo President Gonk,

What is your theory on the latest delivery scandal? Why do you think Outlaw stopped delivery at the same time they sent out an email promising delivery? Can't be a parts supply issue, could be trying to fix-a-hiss or could be something else.

I am at a loss as to what is going on.

mj

#37326 - 06/14/02 03:31 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
bobliinds Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
In the immortal words of Michael Enoelroc (the Michael Corleone of the Backward Universe):

"Everytime I try to get in, Outlaw pulls me back out."

My sympathies to those on the eternal waiting list.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 147 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts