Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#37297 - 06/02/02 07:24 PM New shipments delayed??
bigmac Offline
Gunslinger

It's been a long, long time now since I've seen any hint of anyone getting the OK to order, or actually getting a shipment.

More delays? Or is it just that no one happens to be posting (hard to believe that).

I want to wait for the 950, but it was supposed to be a birthday present from my wife -- and my birthday has long since past.

If the shipping schedule is going to be slipped, that's fine -- I just would like to know. The last order notices I've seen posted were for people that reserved in mid January -- and that shipping schedule showed sending notices to everyone that reserved in APRIL in the next couple of weeks!

#37298 - 06/02/02 08:41 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
I reserved in early February. however, I am just about to pull the trigger on a Rotel 1066 unless I hear something real soon.

#37299 - 06/05/02 02:56 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
Maybe they won't ship again until they fix the hiss problem?

#37300 - 06/06/02 10:10 AM Re: New shipments delayed??
Gaber Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: New Jersey
At the HE show in NYC, the outlaw rep mentioned that they had a parts supply shortage for the 950 and will stop shipping product for 2 weeks.

Gabe

#37301 - 06/06/02 10:38 AM Re: New shipments delayed??
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
I read in a trade journal recently that some of the chip manufacturers had slowed production to make their quarterly report look better(?) and that manufacturers who used their chips had production backlogs because of it. Onkyo was named as one of the manufacturers affected.

From the reports of Gaber, maybe Outlaw is affected too.?

------------------
Take Care,
merc
merc\'s primary system

#37302 - 06/06/02 12:52 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
jcmccorm Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Madison, AL, USA
I got on the list on January 15th and haven't received "the email" yet. This doesn't jive with a recent update that stated that reservations taken in January would become orders by the end of May. There must be some slowdown there. No problem though, I'll wait

Cary

#37303 - 06/06/02 02:15 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
gatch Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, DC
Thanks for the information being shared here. I've been waiting for this pre/pro since December last year but didn't place an order 'til Jan 28. Now, I decided to just put off the purchase since I will be spending most of my time outside the house anyway, like playing golf or working on the modification of my car at my garage. So for those who placed an order during February, here's another good news for you.

#37304 - 06/06/02 02:47 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Maybe they just decided they only wanted to sell 500 of them; that 500 was enough of a production run to get their development costs back. *shrug*

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#37305 - 06/06/02 07:55 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
bigmac Offline
Gunslinger

So, within about two weeks after posting their shipping schedule, Outlaw is already 2 weeks behind schedule on 950 shipments. Nice of them to tell people -- especially all those people who thought they would have theirs by now, based upon Outlaw's shipping notice.

#37306 - 06/06/02 09:55 PM Re: New shipments delayed??
robertd Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Johnson City, TN
Except for a few people out there, about everyone on this forum supports Outlaw and what they are trying to do with products like the 950. I think many of us don't mind waiting as long as it takes but I really wish Outlaw would take more initiative in posting updates. The very few updates they do send out are very imformative but if there's a change in plans after that it takes forever for us to be updated, just let us know something!

It's seems pretty obvious that shipping has been halted for whatever reason, that's fine, just fill us in. From the beginning, in reading through the threads here I see Outlaw loosing more and more of their core supporters from lack of information rather than their confidence in the 950. I don't know why Outlaw has such a cavalier attitude towards keeping their supporters updated but here we are once again. C'mon guys, we are with you, just keep us updated!

Robertd

[This message has been edited by robertd (edited June 06, 2002).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 84 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM