Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#37219 - 06/11/02 07:34 PM Audio dropouts after DirecTV card change
namdoog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Northern VA
Okay. I've had my 950 for a couple of weeks now and during that time DirecTV sent me new access cards to swap out on my Sony A55. With the old cards in the A55 I never experienced an audio dropout. With the new access cards I notice a dropout every five or ten minutes. During the dropout the OSD as well as the unit itself goes from DOLBY PL to either PCM or P/DIFF. The A55 is connected via fiber for the sound. Nothing else has been done between last night and today except for the access card swap. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

#37220 - 06/12/02 01:57 AM Re: Audio dropouts after DirecTV card change
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I would give Direct a call. I had a problem while trying to get our new Sat. box online, but it sounds very different from yours. When I called to get them to turn on the new access card in the new box, we'd get everything for about 2 min. then we'd get various cue screens. 'Call for ordering' 'Searching for signal' something about Call for service on access card or invalid access card or replace access card popped up. I had to call 3 times and they had to reset it 3 times before it stabilized.
Your sit. seems different, I assume your keeping your video feed during this?
If Direct can't help then call Outlaw?

#37221 - 06/12/02 08:34 AM Re: Audio dropouts after DirecTV card change
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Maybe try hooking up via stereo analog connections and see if you still experience the sound loss. That may help isolate the problem to the box instead of the 950.

#37222 - 06/12/02 11:24 AM Re: Audio dropouts after DirecTV card change
laynlow Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I have a friend experiencing this same problem with a RCA sat receiver and a Yamaha receiver. The audio drops out and the receiver appears to be deciding if the audio signal is dolby digital. A couple of his channels are unwatchable because of this.

#37223 - 06/14/02 05:30 PM Re: Audio dropouts after DirecTV card change
namdoog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Northern VA
Well, I went and replaced the cheap fiber connection with a middle of the road connecter. The dropouts still occur, but not nearly as often. I'm still going back to DirecTV to see what they have to say, but if a better fiber connector reduced the problem then I would think that it's either the DSS receiver or the 950. I would like to keep the digital connection in place simply because it passes the Dolby D on the movie channels.

#37224 - 06/15/02 02:08 AM Re: Audio dropouts after DirecTV card change
bobliinds Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
I've never experienced dropouts with my DirecTiVo, until the other night.

I was watching "Play It To The Bone" on HBO and probably had 15-20 brief audio dropouts during the movie.

None since.

If you're having problems, I'd start by contacting DirecTV.

#37225 - 06/15/02 10:43 AM Re: Audio dropouts after DirecTV card change
John C Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cheyenne, WY
I switched my card last night, and no dropouts. Using Sony A2 with Toslink to 950. This unit does not do DD, only stereo/DPL, so that might be a factor.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts