Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#36796 - 02/19/02 11:32 AM Re: 950 - memorize speaker settings?
JeffLH Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
Sorry to have to confirm - the volume is independent of input or DSP setting.

I don't understand the issue with the sub volume... I use a sub to fill in the bottom octaves that my main speakers can't reach. I want it to be as flat as possible, which to me means that it would play at the same volume level across the board.

Anyway, if you really need to turn off the sub for some inputs, how about plugging the sub into an X10 home-automation outlet (or appliance module) and then programming a macro on the new Outlaw remote to turn it on and off per input?

------------------
JeffLH

#36797 - 02/19/02 12:27 PM Re: 950 - memorize speaker settings?
Brian Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Irving TX
Jeff ,I didnt mean volume,I meant speaker levels being memorized for each input.My current receiver will memorize different levels for each input and DSP modes also.I waiting to hear back from Scott about this now.I hope the manual come out soon for everyone,there seems to be quite a few questions floating around and the manual should answer everyones concerns.Thanks Brian

#36798 - 02/19/02 02:24 PM Re: 950 - memorize speaker settings?
JeffLH Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
I still have to disappoint you. All of the speaker configurations (level, crossover, and distance) are universal. They are not associated with any specific input or DSP.

I wonder if the macro programming on the remote will allow enough steps to navigate the menu system and adjust some of these params??

------------------
JeffLH

#36799 - 02/19/02 03:19 PM Re: 950 - memorize speaker settings?
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Maybe; but I'm not sure I'd want the unit to take three seconds to switch inputs while all the macros ran...

I wonder if they simply lacked the memory space to hold 11 sets of complete processor settings? I'm curious how many bits are available in the unit's settings storage. I wouldn't have minded two or three settings "profiles," assignable to each input... I'm sure that would have been easier than storing settings for every input.

Perhaps this is one of the things they could address with a software upgrade down the line, if enough people thought it was important?

#36800 - 02/19/02 08:23 PM Re: 950 - memorize speaker settings?
Brian Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks Jeff,I hadnt even thought about using the macros,I think there would be to many steps for the macros to accomplish.I will just have to get my 950,listen to it,read the manual and decide.My H/K avr500 which I use as a preamp allows different levels for every input and DSP for each input,along with a progamable start up volume(nice feature).This receiver also uses a crystal DSP engine which is why I had hoped that Outlaw would include these features.Oh well, if the 950 sounds great like I think it will those little extras on my H/K will probably be forgotten anyway!

#36801 - 02/20/02 12:30 AM Re: 950 - memorize speaker settings?
brianca Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: austin, tx
A note that just popped up in the HTF thread about the 950 concerns me a litte. It says that there is no on screen display on the component video output. That would mean that if you wanted to change settings on the sub or whatever whenever you switched inputs, you'd have to drop to S-vid mode to see what you're doing.

I've asked for confirmation over there, but haven't heard back yet, but getting my OSD back was one of the things I was looking forward to in a unit that does component video switching. Does anyone know if this is true of the other units out there with this functionality?

brianca.

#36802 - 02/20/02 06:55 AM Re: 950 - memorize speaker settings?
Brian Offline
Gunslinger

From what I have read most OSDs dont work with component video outputs on their receivers and prepros.I think it affects picture quality.

#36803 - 02/20/02 07:08 AM Re: 950 - memorize speaker settings?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Brian is right, OSD on component video is very rare. If your unit is visible (not stuck in a closet), you can do everything by looking at the unit's display.

------------------
Gonk

#36804 - 02/20/02 09:42 AM Re: 950 - memorize speaker settings?
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Or run four cables from the pre/pro to your TV instead of three. I'm sure you have at least one source that requires either composite or S-Video.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#36805 - 02/20/02 02:15 PM Re: 950 - memorize speaker settings?
brianca Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: austin, tx
Unfortunately all of my equipment is in another room and I don't have any sources that need s-vid or composite. I do have a S-vid run left over from when I did need it though, so I can use that. I just hate not being able to see the volume setting when I'm changing it and sub levels and whatnot.

It's not a deal breaker, just a pain. Especially if none of the other's offer it either. Why would it effect image quality on component and not on S-vid?

brianca..

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts