Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#36595 - 03/01/02 04:27 PM email instead of phone
scubadj Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Virginia
I noticed that the Outlaws are going to email the "list" instead of contacting us by phone. Here's my question and possible problem - I just had to change my email address due to @home cable mess. I emailed the outlaw customer service with the change. Do you think this is enough or am I screwed? Should I make another reservation? Should I call them? Any suggestions - this is one of those times I wish the Outlaws responded to this forum. Thanks.
Don

#36596 - 03/01/02 04:45 PM Re: email instead of phone
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
When did you e-mail Outlaw? I typically get a reply from them within a day or two of sending them an e-mail. I would expect them to reply to you let you know they got your e-mail and fixed your reservation info.

------------------
Gonk

#36597 - 03/01/02 05:44 PM Re: email instead of phone
scubadj Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Virginia
Thanks for the reply, gonk. It was only yesterday that I emailed them (all right I'm panicking). Did you ever have one of those days where things just don't go your way. I saw my long awaited for 950 slipping away (lol). I'll give them a few more days and see what happens. Later,
Don

#36598 - 03/01/02 08:18 PM Re: email instead of phone
Brian Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Irving TX
I have asked Scott this very question.My wife and I were considering switching ISPs and I didnt want to lose my reservation.Scott told me if we just sent him our new e-mail address that I had nothing to worry about.I decided to wait until after my 950 arrives to switch ISPs just to be sure,but you should get a reply from Scott that will put any worrys to rest.Hope that helps.

#36599 - 03/01/02 08:27 PM Re: email instead of phone
portapot Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: White Hall, MD 21161
I sent the Outlaws two weeks ago asking them to change my email address because of the @home conversion to @comcast. The Outlaws have yet to update my account as I did not receive the newsletter today. I sent them a follow up yesterday but I have the same concerns about my reservation. I would hope they address this for all of us who have waited patiently.

Doug

#36600 - 03/02/02 10:28 AM Re: email instead of phone
DennisG Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Richmond, VA
I am going through the same thing. I used my company email address to make my reservation and as of the 1st of the year, my company changed names and so did my email address. I have emailed outlaw to make the change but haven't heard back from them. I reserved the 950 on the 14 of december. If people start getting emails about their 950's and I don't, I will call them after the first couple of days.

#36601 - 03/04/02 11:00 AM Re: email instead of phone
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Why don't you all just tell them that you prefer to receive your registration notification by telephone rather than by e-mail? That would pretty much clear up all the problems, I think. It also addresses the concerns of people who are squeamish about sending credit card numbers through the e-mail system.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 128 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts