Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#36214 - 01/28/02 01:10 PM Re: Fianally recieved an e-mail from Outlaw
MrSandman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charlotte, NC, USA
I'm not on the reserve list for the 950, not because I don't want it, but even at the great price it is, it'll take a little more time to get the cash for it. So I didn't see the e-mail and after reading the newsletter, I didn't get the direct impression that the Outlaws were not going to be as forthcoming with new product information, but I may have glanced over the part which said that. I hope it wasn’t spoiled for the people who don’t complain.

My comments agree with most of the people above. I'd prefer to wait and get a 100% product. I'd also prefer other people to be patient, instead of taking advantage of the communication bridge that Outlaw offered its customers. I'm always glad to see someone who truly enjoys their equipment AND their place here on this forum speak up, as it is never hastily spoken.

The last thing I noticed on the newsletter is that the video/coax cables are to be out soon and the new 1.2m length PCA's will be available too. Maybe not as big of a deal for most people as the 950, but thanks Outlaw, for listening to the forum and thanks for providing solutions to our dream systems.

S.

#36215 - 01/28/02 01:31 PM Re: Fianally recieved an e-mail from Outlaw
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
I also plan to pick up some of the new silver cables. Not right away, but when I do finally purchase my DVD player I'll need six of them to use the 950's component switching. I'll also probably pick up a few to replace the audio cables I'm currently using for composite interconnects. Now, if Outlaw came out with an S-Video cable, there wouldn't be any non-Outlaw interconnects in my system.

It is nice, though, that they produced this calbe in response to user comments. It shows they are listening to us.

As far as the delayed 950 issue goes, I, like most here, are fustrated by the delays, but I also know that those fustrations pale in comparison to any fustrations I'd have with a flawed $900 product. Even though I may sound impatient, I'm still glad that they're going to hold off as long as they need to in order to release a 100% good product.

It's a damn shame that the criticism they've taken is going to cause the flow of information from them to slow somewhat. In a way, I can't blame them, but on the other hand, I think that most (not all, but most) of the criticism I've seen on the forums is either constructive, or general kvetching that can't really be taken seriously. I haven't seen much go by that is actually mean-spirited or intended to hurt the Outlaws.

Did they lose some customers by delaying the 950? Yeah, we know of a few, and that's a shame. They would have left, I think, even if the Outlaws hadn't released any information, though. Some people just can't wait, and that's not their fault, nor the Outlaws'. At the same time, I think they also gained some customers by being straightforward and perfectionist.

In short, it seems you need to have a thick skin to deal with the kind of people in this market segment, and it seems the Outlaws luckily have that. But, they feel burned and I'm also sorry for that. Perhaps we need to tone things down a bit and try to keep from hurting people's feelings. I hope that nothing I've said has been taken as an impeachment of the Outlaws or their business plan, because I still believe in both and am pleased with the job they're doing.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#36216 - 01/30/02 12:08 AM Re: Fianally recieved an e-mail from Outlaw
Slick1964 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Marietta, Ga.
I agree with all of you! My 'gripe' dealt with the lack of communication! That gripe has now been dealt with in a well written email! This satisfies me for a while longer, although my system is on hold for the 950 release! I just want to be 'kept in the loop!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 248 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts