Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#36194 - 01/25/02 06:21 PM Fianally recieved an e-mail from Outlaw
Cball Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oklahoma City, Ok
I know all you guys on the waiting list recieved it too, I don't know about you but i'm glad to recieve a little info anyway.

Craig

#36195 - 01/25/02 08:17 PM Re: Fianally recieved an e-mail from Outlaw
azryan Offline
Gunslinger

It's not 'a little info'.

It's a very long detailed explanation of everything everyone's been bickering about... ok, sans an exact release date, yet that's explained too.

I hate waiting like everybody else, but I think Outlaw deserves a hell of a lotta respect to put up with all the crap they've let people post here while working on this awesome preamp we all want!

Nothing out there is gonna touch this thing near it's price, and they're just making sure it's bug free.
People who're saying "I can't wait anymore! Outlaw lost my business! Liars! I'm getting a B&K, or Anthem, blah..etc..!"

You screwballs are actually going to spend 3-4 times the money for a similar product, AND insult Outlaw on their own forum for taking a couple months longer than they guessed just their product right!?

What's wrong with you people? That's just sad.

There were some set-backs that they couldn't forseen. Happens ALL THE TIME in the ultra fast moving electronics/computer field, the diff. here is that Outlaw TALKS to their customers, whereas other companies may announce either nothing at all, or maybe a 'season release date' like "Coming Winter 2001/2002" for examp.

If Outlaw did either of those, you'd have nothing to complain about, but they let us in on some behind the scenes information and their edjucated guesses.

When they're a little off, you blast them here and elsewhere as if they were liars from some major faceless electronics giant like Sony or Harmon!!

They could've made their 'projected release dates' with a product that worked great and had few tiny bugs, but they'd rather put out something that does nearly everything there is and is bug free.

That's great! How could you ask for more?

You desperate people who can't wait a little longer... don't tell me you don't have rec. or old preamp or something to get by with till the 950 comes out!? Something to use at least!? C'mon, gimme a break. Act like you're dying only when you ARE -though see how many care when that happens.

We've had pics of the case front, back, and killer clean 'guts' for how long now, and continual and detailed updates direct from the Outlaw owners, yet morons keep calling it "vaporware" or say "I'll believe it when I see it!"

Have you no faith (or respect at least) at all in what they've been doing??

I kills me to think that many of these rude jerks are going to be getting this product despite their remarks against it. Spitting on the company that's going to sell them the best preamp deal there is.

Sick irony.

$899 for the 950!

Rotel's new prepro which won't be out till AFTER the Outlaw'll (though no one had any info from Rotel to allow them to pick it apart and complain about it til recently!) probably be the closest competitior and'll cost about 50-80% more. It's just no contest.

Who else...Sherwood Newcastle? Not now at least. Hmmm...nobody really.

You'd have to spend 2-3 times more to get as good a preamp, 'cuz there are none in Outlaw's price range. Only used and outdated models from the well known high end companies.

What's the new Sony preamp got? Uh... who knows!? It's not announced. It's not out. They tell us nothing. I could care less. Sony could care less about trying to give us the best product at a super low price point. They want market share. Money from anyone.

They'll give us ads that tell us they're the best, and they'll proabably get more suckers to believe it than Outlaw will get people to trust that they're really trying to sell us a top notch preamp for as dirt cheap as they can. As anyone can.

Time for the people to who appreciate Outlaw to speak up!

#36196 - 01/25/02 08:19 PM Re: Fianally recieved an e-mail from Outlaw
hydro Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Post Falls, ID USA
Looks like they will be here soon. I can hardly wait.

I just got to thinking, I sure hope all of those people who decided to buy something else were ahead of me on the waiting list.

[This message has been edited by hydro (edited January 28, 2002).]

#36197 - 01/25/02 08:26 PM Re: Fianally recieved an e-mail from Outlaw
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Nicely said, azryan...

------------------
Gonk

#36198 - 01/25/02 08:27 PM Re: Fianally recieved an e-mail from Outlaw
tps123 Offline
Gunslinger

I concer with azryan. My old pre-amp is working just fine and waiting a few more months did not bother me what so-ever. I work in the software business and have missed almost everyone of our initial promised release dates. However, it is always better to wait a little longer to get things right than to have to do a panic "patch". I am glad that the outlaws our a private company that can make these sensible decisions. If it were Sony, Dennon, B&K, etc. The marketing department would have released the unit prior to engineering blessing it. Thus, pesky little bugs appear.

Outlaws keep up the good work.

Tom Starkweather

#36199 - 01/25/02 08:47 PM Re: Fianally recieved an e-mail from Outlaw
JeffreyMercado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Queens Village
I just read my email, azryan, it could not have been said better. Thats really the way most of the true outlaw fans have felt. On visiting the other outlaw forum at home theater something forum. I was really appauled at how low they had taken their freedom of speech to. Psklenar can attest as he represented the regulars voices from here. But man they even closed down the thread it was so bad. It was embarrassing to know that the outlaws must have read all that garbage, and kind of felt regret that they had said anything to begin with. To the point that they dont want to divulge any new information about their new products for fear of backlash. We have loss a little of that relationship the outlaws hoped to have with us as friends more than customers. Certainly I will miss knowing what things are in the future, and maybe after the 950 release the outlaws will reconsider their decision and remember we do love what makes them different from other companies.

#36200 - 01/25/02 09:18 PM Re: Fianally recieved an e-mail from Outlaw
Indysolo Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I just put a reservation in for this unit. Could someone post the e-mail? I'd love to read it.

Thanks!

Neil

#36201 - 01/25/02 09:26 PM Re: Fianally recieved an e-mail from Outlaw
Marbles Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by azryan:
It's not 'a little info'.

It's a very long detailed explanation of everything everyone's been bickering about... ok, sans an exact release date, yet that's explained too.

Isn't that what everyone IS bickering about..They have been promising this wonderful pre/pro for 2 years and they still won't say it is ready, or when it will ship, except that one "slip".

I hate waiting like everybody else, but I think Outlaw deserves a hell of a lotta respect to put up with all the crap they've let people post here while working on this awesome preamp we all want!

"I think that it is the customers, or potential customers that have put up with delay after delay and they should be respected for hanging in there!"

Nothing out there is gonna touch this thing near it's price, and they're just making sure it's bug free.

"Agreed, that's why I and everyone on this forum is still waiting."

People who're saying "I can't wait anymore! Outlaw lost my business! Liars! I'm getting a B&K, or Anthem, blah..etc..!"

You screwballs are actually going to spend 3-4 times the money for a similar product, AND insult Outlaw on their own forum for taking a couple months longer than they guessed just their product right!?

"Agreed except we have been waiting 2 years not a few months."

What's wrong with you people? That's just sad.

"Rhetorical question??"

There were some set-backs that they couldn't forseen. Happens ALL THE TIME in the ultra fast moving electronics/computer field, the diff. here is that Outlaw TALKS to their customers, whereas other companies may announce either nothing at all, or maybe a 'season release date' like "Coming Winter 2001/2002" for examp.

If Outlaw did either of those, you'd have nothing to complain about, but they let us in on some behind the scenes information and their edjucated guesses.

When they're a little off, you blast them here and elsewhere as if they were liars from some major faceless electronics giant like Sony or Harmon!!

"I'd say they were more than a little off."

They could've made their 'projected release dates' with a product that worked great and had few tiny bugs, but they'd rather put out something that does nearly everything there is and is bug free.

"How do you know how "tiny the bugs are? They had to send some PCB's back to Malaysia last week!"

That's great! How could you ask for more?

You desperate people who can't wait a little longer... don't tell me you don't have rec. or old preamp or something to get by with till the 950 comes out!? Something to use at least!? C'mon, gimme a break. Act like you're dying only when you ARE -though see how many care when that happens.

We've had pics of the case front, back, and killer clean 'guts' for how long now, and continual and detailed updates direct from the Outlaw owners, yet morons keep calling it "vaporware" or say "I'll believe it when I see it!"

Have you no faith (or respect at least) at all in what they've been doing??

"Actually it is because of what they have done with their other products and the promise of more of the same that have kept so many waiting and not buying other products. That IS respect!"

I kills me to think that many of these rude jerks are going to be getting this product despite their remarks against it. Spitting on the company that's going to sell them the best preamp deal there is.

"Yes it is a..."

Sick irony.

$899 for the 950!

Rotel's new prepro which won't be out till AFTER the Outlaw'll (though no one had any info from Rotel to allow them to pick it apart and complain about it til recently!) probably be the closest competitior and'll cost about 50-80% more. It's just no contest.

Who else...Sherwood Newcastle? Not now at least. Hmmm...nobody really.

You'd have to spend 2-3 times more to get as good a preamp, 'cuz there are none in Outlaw's price range. Only used and outdated models from the well known high end companies.

What's the new Sony preamp got? Uh... who knows!? It's not announced. It's not out. They tell us nothing. I could care less. Sony could care less about trying to give us the best product at a super low price point. They want market share. Money from anyone.

They'll give us ads that tell us they're the best, and they'll proabably get more suckers to believe it than Outlaw will get people to trust that they're really trying to sell us a top notch preamp for as dirt cheap as they can. As anyone can.

Time for the people to who appreciate Outlaw to speak up!

#36202 - 01/25/02 10:22 PM Re: Fianally recieved an e-mail from Outlaw
brsett Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Could you post the email?

#36203 - 01/25/02 11:01 PM Re: Fianally recieved an e-mail from Outlaw
ltkhuc Offline
Gunslinger

the email will be in the lastest news link shortly i believe.

[This message has been edited by ltkhuc (edited January 26, 2002).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 213 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts