Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#36139 - 01/22/02 11:13 AM ?? Software issues ??
tps123 Offline
Gunslinger

If what is holding up the 950 is a couple of software issues why not ship the unit now with a note saying we will ship a new EPROM when the software fixes are complete? From what I have seen there is an issue with certain DVD's in certain DSP modes. Also a slight issue with dolby EX. If all other functions are working ship today. Send a new EPROM in a couple of months and everyone is happy

TPS

#36140 - 01/22/02 11:57 AM Re: ?? Software issues ??
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. After all, they did mention that one of the features of the 950 was a socketed EPROM. And I don't care too much about EX dropouts on the 5 or 10 discs out there that it affects, none of which I have now, as long as it's "eventually" fixed.

#36141 - 01/22/02 01:00 PM Re: ?? Software issues ??
Marbles Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Maybe it's not a software problem, but a hardware problem.

Maybe they had to send the PCB's back to Malasia.

#36142 - 01/22/02 01:45 PM Re: ?? Software issues ??
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Reportedly, the hardware was finalized and the software work was the main stumbling block, although I suppose problems might have revealed themselves since the hardware was finalized last month...

------------------
Gonk

#36143 - 01/22/02 02:12 PM Re: ?? Software issues ??
Marbles Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

This was in a thread at HTF on Jan 15th, keep in mind that is is a thread posted by someone else, not me, although I do trust the original poster to be accurate:

Anyone who really cared about the truth, and not just about bitching and trolling, would have called Outlaw, and would have found out, just like I did, the following: just prior to CES, some bugs were discovered in the beta units which required pulling a board from each unit, and sending those boards back for alteration. When the boards come back this week they will go back into the beta units and the beta testing will be completed. If no more bugs are discovered, they will then start to ship the units.
Possibly, the continual flow of verbal sewage from a few on these forums is having the expected impact. All I could get for an expected shipping date was "within 30 days or so". Great... that's starting to sound more like Sony every minute. Of course, it could be worse, much worse. They could be like B&K which just doesn't communicate with their customers at all. Or like SF/Anthem which initially secretly launched their new pre/pro to only a selected few. Or like Integra, which allows their dealers to take folks money with a promise of a delivery 30 days, or so, away... suckers! Hehehehehe! And that's not even taking into consideration that pricing for these units are already inflated by as much as 100% to fill the coffers of authorized(read price fixing)retail middlemen.
So, keep your chins up future Outlaw 950 owners. We are gonna have the last laugh, and hopefully, the last word, within "30 days or so"!

#36144 - 01/22/02 03:21 PM Re: ?? Software issues ??
gonk Offline
Desperado

psklenar said it well recently -- however frustrated any of us may be waiting for the 950 to ship, it has to pale in comparison to what the Outlaws are feeling at this point. They're trying to get everything right, and we're all chomping at the bits to get it in our hands...

I do have faith that when they start shipping 950's, they will be well-tested and reliable. Hang in there, Outlaws...

------------------
Gonk

#36145 - 01/22/02 04:21 PM Re: ?? Software issues ??
Slick1964 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Marietta, Ga.
I agree that "quality should be job one" (sorry Ford), but Outlaw should keep us informed of the latest and greatest, whatever that is! I will wait (within reason) knowing that this bug or that bug is being remedied to fix this or that problem! Outlaw needs to keep in mind that we the consumers have some degree of intelligence and understanding. Through my many years in corporate America I have found that one thing is of paramount importance for any success----communication!!!!

#36146 - 01/22/02 04:47 PM Re: ?? Software issues ??
gonk Offline
Desperado

Communication would be great (it'd be sort of nice to know what all is going on), but they don't actually owe us any information. A lot of similar manufacturers would provide far less information about product development (or tech support, for that matter). I know it would be nice to get more info than we have been, but we already are getting more than they have any need to give us.

------------------
Gonk

#36147 - 01/22/02 05:07 PM Re: ?? Software issues ??
stott Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Jose, CA
I wasn't too worried about it as I have to wait for the 770 anyway. I don't have a separate amp and am stuck regardless. As long as they 950 ships before or at around the same time as the 770 I will be happy.

------------------
Stott

#36148 - 01/22/02 05:52 PM Re: ?? Software issues ??
alfack Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Kirkland, Wa., USA
I say, for those who lack patience/faith/whatever, buy something else and post your likes/dislikes in their (insert brand here) discussion forum. Oh wait, they don't have a discussion forum? Hmm..

Let the outlaws spend time working on the release of the 950, instead of answering pesky emails from the likes of impatient kids on a long car ride. Are we there yet?

Remember good things come to those who wait.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM