Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#35991 - 01/06/02 01:29 PM Wil there be any front inputs?
Cball Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oklahoma City, Ok
I like having front input's like RCA's S-Video.
I don't see any in the pics? Just curuious.

Craig

#35992 - 01/06/02 05:29 PM Re: Wil there be any front inputs?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
There has been no indication of front inputs. The layout so far has been somewhat similar to the 1050, which also did not have front inputs. We won't know for certain until we see pictures of the final product, though (the alpha unit's rear panel doesn't match the reported specs on number of A/V inputs, so it seems safe to assume they've rearranged things some).

------------------
Gonk

#35993 - 01/07/02 02:50 PM Re: Wil there be any front inputs?
Cball Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks gonk< I need front inputs though, you know the kids and all there game machines. I use them on my A1 all the time right now.

Craig

#35994 - 01/07/02 05:02 PM Re: Wil there be any front inputs?
gonk Offline
Desperado

I'm using the TV's front inputs for my Dreamcast at the moment. That or a VCR's front input could be good fall-back options for stuff like that...

------------------
Gonk

#35995 - 01/07/02 05:34 PM Re: Wil there be any front inputs?
Cball Offline
Gunslinger

Yeah but I won't get the great sound If It's plugged into the T.V. andmy VCR Is pretty much obsolete. Come on Outlaw give me some inputs please!!!

Craig

#35996 - 01/07/02 06:00 PM Re: Wil there be any front inputs?
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
My TV forwards two-channel sound coming from all inputs, including the front panel one, to the stereo out jacks on the back, which I have connected to the receiver for watching TV. It also works for watching VHS, although I can also use the direct link to the receiver. Depends on the receiver setting and doesn't seem to matter much. For the DVD it makes a big difference because then we're talking optical DD 5.1 vs. a downmixed 2 channel pro logic encoding, but I don't think that will be an issue for video games. :-)

#35997 - 01/07/02 06:09 PM Re: Wil there be any front inputs?
Cball Offline
Gunslinger

There are a lot of games out there in Dolby Pro Logic already and some I'd assume In 5.1 If not now soon, without the inputs in the front I'm not going to get that through my T.V.

Craig

#35998 - 01/07/02 06:12 PM Re: Wil there be any front inputs?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by Cball:
Yeah but I won't get the great sound If It's plugged into the T.V. andmy VCR Is pretty much obsolete. Come on Outlaw give me some inputs please!!!

Craig

You mean you don't have every single solitary piece of equipment (no matter how old) hooked up to your receiver?

Seriously, I haven't ever used my TV's speakers (not since I set aside my old 19" TV from college) -- it has stereo audio outputs on it that go to the receiver, and the speakers in the TV are switched off in the TV setup. My VCR is also hooked straight to the receiver, so if you can hear anything at all from my system, it's coming from the "good" speakers by way of the receiver...

------------------
Gonk

#35999 - 01/08/02 04:01 PM Re: Wil there be any front inputs?
MrSandman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charlotte, NC, USA
A friend has a similar issue with a Sony (I think) receiver. He switches between Dreamcast, PS2 and N64, depending on what he feels like doing. He got a switch box, hooked up everything to the back and does it that way. If its convenient, you could do something similar and locate it away from your equipment, so it doesn't clutter everything up. Another tip was to get 2 optical cables and a connector, mount the connector and cable connected to the receiver somewhere easy to access. That way, when it comes time to disconnect the PS2, you only pull out of the connector, not the back of the receiver. I'm not sure if any receiver on the market has an optical input on the front, but it could be a great idea.

Not a true solution, but maybe a good (cheap) compromise.

S.

#36000 - 01/08/02 04:29 PM Re: Wil there be any front inputs?
Cball Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks gonk and Mrandman, I know Harmon Kardon's new recievers have toslink and coax on the front, cool!!!

Craig

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts