Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#35930 - 12/24/01 11:39 PM Im happy to wait
JeffreyMercado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Queens Village
I just read my latest news and I just wanted to thank the outlaws for their gracious gift to all of us who are waiting for the 950. What other company could you name would apologize to its family of customers because
they are just trying to do the right thing. What other company would divulge such intimate information about problems their product is having let alone caring to do anything about it. Then include $50 bucks worth of cables to appease us. I for one would wait another year because I could have full confidence the outlaws were giving it their best. Outlaws, you truly are a special company, and I am sure proud to be able to do business with you. Thankyou very much

#35931 - 12/25/01 12:46 AM Re: Im happy to wait
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I agree, Jeffrey -- I realize a lot of people are impatiently waiting for the 950 (I was hoping to have mine before I leave on my honeymoon in <3 weeks, for example, although I don't know why since I'm not going to have time to get any use out of until after the wedding... ), but what's an extra month or so wait for something that you plan to use for years? They've already added a bunch of features without changing the cost, and now they're tossing in some (really really cool) cables... And the delay is to fix a DVD-software-produced problem that's been screwing everybody up.

I'm sure the Outlaws will get some grief over the delay. That will pass, and while those folks grumble I'll sit here patiently (more or less) and wait for them to finish. Thanks, fellas. I suspect that the finished product will be quite fun. Oh, and Merry Christmas!

------------------
Gonk

#35932 - 12/26/01 01:50 AM Re: Im happy to wait
Audioholic Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: MI
What's this about the cable deal? I haven't found anything about it on the site and I do have a 950 reservation, did I just miss the article? If anyone could point me to it I would appreciate it, so far I've gotten the reservation confirmation e-mail from Outlaw but nothing else. If they going to throw a set of cables at me along with the 950 I'll not only be their best friend but will share my lunch with them (even the Ho-Ho's). Good things come to those that wait!

#35933 - 12/26/01 09:05 AM Re: Im happy to wait
psklenar Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern New England, USA
My house closing has been pushed off from January to February ... I can wait for my 950.

------------------
pat----

email: pat@sklenar.info ---===--- home page: Grumpy's Lair

#35934 - 12/26/01 09:26 AM Re: Im happy to wait
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The news item hasn't gone up on the site yet, but they sent the e-mail newsletter Christmas eve. If you reserved a 950 and do buy it, they're including a 1.8m pair of PCA cables. Apparently the last detail being resolved is the DD 6.1/7.1 software bug that showed up on Jurassic Park III and Pearl Harbor recently (there's a thread about it in the 1050 forum).

Isn't construction fun, Pat? Hopefully you'll be moved in soon. Of course, you will have to fill us in on what all you do with the home theater room.

------------------
Gonk

#35935 - 12/26/01 10:00 AM Re: Im happy to wait
dndphishin Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Moline, IL, USA
I feel the same way as the other posters on the bbs...that Outlaw should be patient and "get it right" the first time. A year from now, I won't care that I had to wait an extra month or two for my 950, but I'll sure care if it has "issues".

Good things come to those who wait

#35936 - 12/26/01 03:24 PM Re: Im happy to wait
Brian Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Irving TX
I am going to wait until after Tax time to place my order,but it was a nice gesture by Outlaw for anyone ordering by 12/25/01!!
p.s.Gonk,congrats,may you have a wonderful life together!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

#35937 - 12/27/01 04:33 PM Re: Im happy to wait
MrSandman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charlotte, NC, USA
I'm glad to hear the decision, even if it did postpone delivery. To have a company willing to do true value added upgrades to a product twice while production was beginning is costly, without question. It takes a great amount of customer concern and I appreciate it greatly.

I've been on the fence for a while, but the more I hear about the care taken in design and Q/C for the 950, the more I look forward to the day that I can scrape together enough pennies.

S.

#35938 - 12/27/01 05:08 PM Re: Im happy to wait
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Maybe they have time to add DTS 96/24 now.

#35939 - 12/27/01 11:28 PM Re: Im happy to wait
JeffreyMercado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Queens Village
You must be psychic Matt because you took the words right out of my mouth. Now that would be a Christmas miracle. How many out there would be willing to wait for 96/24 DTS
I know I would. I just feel a " That is not something we could accomplish and keep the 950 at the same price range, not feasible not happening." Besides when I talked to one of the sales reps and he told me it would be included, Scott quickly corrected that notion and said it would not be included. But we can ask to wait longer and maybe the powers that be will listen to our please please please. Or at least let us know of a possible future upgrade about it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM