Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#35849 - 12/24/01 06:57 AM 2X price for European Users ?
PortaPro Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hello

I'm very interested in the 950 and I'm trying to figure out how to get it here in France and at what price.

Following the link from the Outlaw web site, I went to the Outlaw European distributor web site ( http://www.soundcenter.fi/scprice.htm ) where the 1050 receiver is listed for 1095 Euros, that's $969, almost double the price US customers have !!

Will the 950 follow the same price policy for Europe or can we expect better conditions or, even better, a direct buy from the US web site ?

#35850 - 12/24/01 08:09 AM Re: 2X price for European Users ?
robfwoods Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Porta

Please understand that in the EU prices usually have 20-25% Sales Tax (The US price has 0% sales tax).

Also please realize that there is EU duty. And also realize that units are very specially manufactured 230V units - with CE approval - and RDS tuners.

And the units are IN STOCK in Finland, Sweden and Norway. The US price does NOT include transportation (minimum is $65 for US residents for 110V units - delivery charges to Europe are about $250.)

All that means that 'Euro' prices are quite 'in line.' Please do the calculation adding 25% sales tax, 10% duty and MUCHO (beaucoup) transport charges - and you'll see that Euro prices are indeed a 'bargain' - also please realize the 230V/CE-approval/RDS aspect.

[This message has been edited by robfwoods (edited December 24, 2001).]

#35851 - 12/24/01 08:26 AM Re: 2X price for European Users ?
PortaPro Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thank you for your reply robfwoods,

I do understand that there is some taxes as I often buy from US online shops shipping worldwide.

My calculation were as follow :
based on model 1050, we have a $499 + $55 shipping, that's $554, add 19,6% VAT and 10% duty taxes on that and you get around $730 which is still far from $969.

Of course it was based on a $55 shipping, not $250, that's a hell of a shipping cost !

Does the European price of 1095 euros includes shipping ?

#35852 - 12/24/01 09:20 AM Re: 2X price for European Users ?
robfwoods Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Please underrstand we are NOT talking about 110V units - we are talking about specially-made 230V with CE approval RDS, etc.

Do you know what the cost of approving a CE model is? Maybe not.

Also you have to appreciate how much more it costs to specially manufacture electronic equipment - special transformers, tuning circuits (US tuning steps different from EU), etc.

And even if 230V units WERE available from shipment from US - the freight charges are about $250!

We very often have to take something special from the US (not only from Outlaw but other things as well) - you seem to know some special shipping possibiltiies as you thought the $250 was a lot.

Please help us out - for example 21-22 kg of equipment? If one uses sea vessel there are very high terminal charges and forwarding on each 'end' - even if the freight itself would be cheap.

Air freight is the only way - DHL, UPS, etc. - and we really haven't been able to get the price down (please realize that when dutires and taxes have to be paid, the couriers add 'administrative' costs in many cases.) Please let us know if you know some other system - we'd appreciate knowing!

PS

And I really don't know how you would expect to get 22 kg from the US for $55 - even US residents are paying $65 to Outlaw just for US shipping.

#35853 - 12/24/01 10:04 AM Re: 2X price for European Users ?
PortaPro Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

hello

I was wrong indeed about the shipping costs. Just went to provantage.com site and tried to order a 17" monitor (about the same weight of a receiver) and got like $286 !

Whoah, never thought it would increase exponentially, so far I only bought "little" things thus my mistake.

Thanks for your explanations.

#35854 - 12/24/01 10:56 AM Re: 2X price for European Users ?
robfwoods Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

That's OK -- I have to suffer day-in-and-day-out with these 'realities' (c'est la vie).

Outlaw is very much tied into great service. Therefore, there really should be a French company that understands this philosophy. If you should happen to become aware of a small company interested in becoming associated with Outlaw please let me know.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 83 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM