curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
26 posts? delete it! ;-)

#35572 - 04/09/04 08:28 AM Re: this forum is not very appealing
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
*cough* tacky *cough* Behave yourself, curegeorg. This forum is for those who might be interested in Outlaw's furniture products. Obviously, most of us are focusing on equipment and software.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#35573 - 04/09/04 02:07 PM Re: this forum is not very appealing
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Perhaps the furniture isn’t directly related to producing sound. Thus, has less to discuss.
I’ll bet it will have a very different reaction in interior design chat rooms.

BTW gonk, curegeorg has established himself a distinctive image in the saloon. Let him be. It adds more action / drama to the site (every saloon has a “bad boy”). After all, this is outlaw saloon.

#35574 - 04/09/04 03:21 PM Re: this forum is not very appealing
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
Tongue-in-cheek remark, that may or may not be tacky:

If it’s not black with a glowing green dot, is it really Outlaw furniture?

#35575 - 04/09/04 03:32 PM Re: this forum is not very appealing
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
now really, how much fun would it be if we all agreed on everything? i just think this forum is useless, other people must agree considering the low volume of posts compared to other forums... i am passionate about audio, but i cant say that furniture (audio related that is) really turns me on.
i dont like this "bad boy" label, if i want to say something i just say it, thats how i am in person so that is how i am posting... i wouldnt mind being rich and own a successful label like diddy though :-)

#35576 - 04/09/04 03:46 PM Re: this forum is not very appealing
gonk Offline
Desperado

Following that line of reasoning, has anyone double-checked the packaging on Outlaw furniture? For all we know, they might include a self-adhesive green reflector "button" hidden in there that the buyer can attach to the rack or stand?

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#35577 - 04/09/04 04:14 PM Re: this forum is not very appealing
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
I would take “bad boy” label as a complement.

Remember a “bad boy” in Western movie who turn out to be a hero?
I think there are quite a few…

#35578 - 04/09/04 04:25 PM Re: this forum is not very appealing
gonk Offline
Desperado

The forum may not be of use to the forum regulars, but Outlaw provides the saloon for all of their customers and potential customers -- including the ones who are interested in picking up a pair of speaker stands and might have a question or comment to post. Asking Outlaw to delete it because you or I don't use it qualifies as rude in my book. Just scroll on by and leave it be.

A general observation about saying whatever comes to mind, in real life and online: there will inevitably be times (possibly lots of times) when what is said will illicit a negative reaction from others. Anyone who isn't comfortable with those reactions may need to learn to think before they speak (or type). Just my $0.02.

#35579 - 12/14/05 12:08 PM Re: this forum is not very appealing
Sweet Spot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY
Wow, no postings in this forum since April. I feel a bit weird now. Ah well. Actually, this forum COULD be useful, depending on the users applications. For instance, I'm soon buying new gear, and aside from a new receiver and CD player, I'm getting a turntable as well. As far as I'm concerned, finding the right furnature for a turntable is pretty damned important for a couple of reasons:

For one, the actual sound quality put out by a TT, is partially reliant on how steady/stable the table actually is. Low frequency resonance which vibrates throughout whatever the TT is sitting on, may cause tracking problems, leading to less quality than the thing is capable of. That's one thing.

Secondly, to fit a turntable, so that you're able to keep the top dust cover on it, is important. I personally would like a rack which has enough room to put the TT inside the unit, rahter than beside the TV on top of the rack.

I guess the only reason this forum may be "useless", is because no one has really come accross related issues, or because no one really cares. Too bad really, because I actually came to this particular section to see if anyone has delt with such things before.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts