Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#35229 - 07/22/05 05:09 PM Free Frieght?
William5 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I have been interested in getting an LFM-1. Whenever I check the site, there is a banner that says "Summer Escape Free Frieght". But when I put the item in my cart it tries to charge me over $70 shipping.

I tried calling Outlaw to inquire, but they don't seem to interested in answering the phone, I have not been ableto get anyone to pick up for three days, so I will ask here, is shipping free, or not?

#35230 - 07/22/05 05:26 PM Re: Free Frieght?
Scott Offline
Desperado

Hello William5,

What number are you calling, we've been here and the phones appear to be working properly?

Have you left a message?

To answer your question, the "summer escape free freight" banner links to our B-stock, free shipping promotion. Presently, we do not offer the LFM-1 in a b-stock version.

Scott

#35231 - 07/22/05 05:44 PM Re: Free Frieght?
William5 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

No, I don't leave messages, as I never know where I will be when people call.

Too bad on the free shipping, the LFM-1 is $20 cheaper than the HSU STF-3 before shipping, after shipping, it's more.

I really don't like the plexiglass top, as I can just imagine what it will look like after 2 or 3 years, plexi scratches so easily. But if it was less than the STF-3 I would have given it a shot.

#35232 - 07/22/05 06:00 PM Re: Free Frieght?
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
why wouldnt you get what you thought was the better sub? those two subs are priced pretty equally. what is a few bucks for happiness?

also, who sets stuff on their sub? i mean, come on now. i could understand if it was a chick you were trying to impress :-), but the lfm1 doesnt go that low anyway...

#35233 - 07/22/05 06:54 PM Re: Free Frieght?
William5 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

The better sub? From all I have read, the two subs sound almost identical. The HSU is $650 with shipping, so is the Outlaw. I thought shipping was free, which would make the Outlaw $70 cheaper. I don't know about you, but I like to save where I can.

And you don't have to set things on plexi to scratch it, just dusting it off will slowly dull the finish with small circular scratches. I also think it would look better with out the shiney top, but that is a personal prefference.

#35234 - 07/22/05 09:04 PM Re: Free Frieght?
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

hsuresearch.com lists the sub for $699, then $50 for shipping. which is $749.

Outlaw lists at $579, plus what you say is $70 for shipping is $649 (who knows if this is correct since your other price is from where?).

you MUST be getting that price from somewhere other than their website??? must be...

i wasnt postulating that the lfm1 was better, i was just asking why you wouldnt get what you THOUGHT was the best sub seeing as you said they were the same price...

using your logic against plexiglass, any shiny finish is bad. i guess the vtf3 is available matted, but personally i enjoy the look of black laquer with a mirror finish. black matte is for old hot rods and nothing else.

i dont know that there is anything left to discuss on this topic. good luck either way you go.

#35235 - 07/22/05 09:08 PM Re: Free Frieght?
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

lfm1 is a satin finish, whatever that means, i was saying black laquer referring to my own not the lfm1.

#35236 - 07/22/05 09:42 PM Re: Free Frieght?
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
satin finish is FLAT with an occasional semi flat gloss,depending on angle!

black laquer is a finish that will "chill" into your room.if it's a true laquer,you can sand and buff it till it's the highest/deepest gloss you could ever imagine!!!

#35237 - 07/23/05 07:07 AM Re: Free Frieght?
William5 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Quote:
you MUST be getting that price from somewhere other than their website??? must be...
Your quoting the VTF-3's price, I clearly said I was comparing it to the STF-3:

http://www.hsustore.com/stf3.html

$599 + $50 shipping is $649. They are both the same price.

As far as which one I think is best, I can't audition either one unless I order it, both companies have good return policies, but they don't refund shipping, so with HSU I could lose $50, with Outlaw, I could lose $70. It's a tough choice, one that would be easier if I could audition them first.

#35238 - 07/23/05 01:52 PM Re: Free Frieght?
sluggo Offline
Desperado

Loc: Plano, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by William5:
[QUOTE] As far as which one I think is best, I can't audition either one unless I order it, both companies have good return policies, but they don't refund shipping, so with HSU I could lose $50, with Outlaw, I could lose $70. It's a tough choice, one that would be easier if I could audition them first.
Safe to say that you won't audition them under the circumstances. Personally, considering the price and the specs, $70 is an acceptable risk, and you're talking to someone who spent 4 hours demoing for his last subwoofer.

The fact is, this method of auditioning is the basis for Outlaw's business model. If the money-back guarantee isn't accceptable risk to you, what more can be done? Apparently, you need to try finding something comparable in store.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 79 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM