Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#35179 - 05/15/05 07:43 PM Re: More info about LFM-1 B-Stock
jprichar Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Folsom, CA, USA
Thanks everyone looking forward to seeing some picutures and hearing some reviews. I wonder how many are available?

Is there still free shipping on "B stock" items?

Justin

#35180 - 05/16/05 07:13 AM Re: More info about LFM-1 B-Stock
daman Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Wisconsin
There is no free shipping on the LFM bstock. I already checked amd was told at this price sorry no way.
Later, Daman

#35181 - 05/16/05 01:11 PM Re: More info about LFM-1 B-Stock
jprichar Offline
Gunslinger

Bummer about no free shipping, that would have been a steal! Right now a new LFM-1 + PCA-Y to get with free shipping is $604. I don't need a PCA-Y cable but it's worth the order to get free shipping.

Shipping to my zip code is 62 bucks for a grand total of $462 for a LFM-1 "B-Stock" delivered. A total of $142 dollar difference between the new and the B stock. Pretty good deal if the B stock is identical sonically and I end up liking the way it looks. I am going to wait to see some pictures, 142 bucks is a nice savings but if I am not going to be happy with the way it looks then I'd rather get a new one.

Thanks everyone for the input, looking forward to seeing some posted pictures of these B-Stocks when some of you guys get them. Or if Outlaw could post some... hint, hint, hint...

Justin

#35182 - 05/18/05 12:53 AM Re: More info about LFM-1 B-Stock
trikos Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
Pulled the trigger on a B-Stock LFM-1 (cosmetic reject) today along with a doctor buddy of mine that I am helping setup his HT.

Should add nicely to my 150cu ft IB Sub, which I will use for the REALLY low frequencies.. wink

#35183 - 05/18/05 06:17 PM Re: More info about LFM-1 B-Stock
jprichar Offline
Gunslinger

Good deal trikos. I hope it sub works out for you and your friend.

Has anybody taken delivery of one of the "cosmetic reject" B-Stock LFM-1's yet? I am dying for some feedback on the sound quality and looks of the raised plexi vs the normal flush plexi. Posting some pictures would be great too. Thanks everyone.

Justin

#35184 - 05/18/05 08:21 PM Re: More info about LFM-1 B-Stock
trikos Offline
Gunslinger

From the fact that it's stated as a "cosmetic reject". I would think Outlaw is telling us it sounds no different than it's pristine cousin.

If not, I will be the first to pull out my six gun.. wink

#35185 - 05/18/05 11:20 PM Re: More info about LFM-1 B-Stock
michael watson Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Gardendale Alabama
I just received my LFM-1 b-stock and right out of the box I was impressed. As you know I currently have a VTF3-MK2 that anchors my Yamaha/Paradigm system consisting of Monitor 3s,cc-370,AMS-300s and AMS 150s. I also have a Onkyo/STF-1 and a Ventriloquist v-12 system in my screened in porch. I had a VTF-2 that I sold to a friend of mine that was also b-tock that I bought from Dr.Hsu. The reason I bought this LFM-1 is to replace the VTF-2 that was lost when my friends house burned two days before Christmas.
Enough about that...so how does it look? This is obviously a brand new sub that has never been opened. Te raised plexiglass panel is not even noticeable. If you did not know what to look for you would never spot it.It is raised about 1/16th of an inch all the way around the edges being perfectly centered and squared.A subwoofer is meant to be heard and not seen. However,the sub is gorgeous.I especially love the outlaw emblem on the front. This sub is huge and heavey.
But so is the sound. It is almost the same size as the VTF-3 only one inch shorter.
I immediatly did a side by side comparison listening session and was very surprised at how well the LFM-1 keeps pace with the HSU and keep in mind its not broke in yet.I remember when I first got my VTF3-MK2 it was several weeks before it started sounding right and before I had it dialed in properly. I called my Buddy and told him the good news and he asked if I had both run parallel and I said"not yet" so I quickly ran out and got a splitter and another cable.I had to hurry cause my wife had not made it home from work and there is no way in H%@** she was going to let me crank one of these things up much less both of these monsters.
At any rate got home wired em up and all I can say is wowwwwww!!!!!!

I know some of you may be hesitant about pulling the trigger on this one but alls I got say is you better hurry cause these will not last long. I am seriously thinking about buying another for myself to use in a play room at a later date. At $461 including shipping and a warranty it is an absolute steal. It totally blows my old VTF-2 away.
I will take some pics and post them Thursday I
know you guys want to see pics.

Michael

#35186 - 05/19/05 12:18 AM Re: More info about LFM-1 B-Stock
trikos Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks for the feedback Michael, I am looking forward to the pics. Mine has not been shipped yet.

#35187 - 05/19/05 01:06 AM Re: More info about LFM-1 B-Stock
jprichar Offline
Gunslinger

Bang. I just pulled the trigger... I can hardly wait. I have been wanting a LFM-1 since I read Gonk's review last year...

Michael, you are a life saver. Thanks for your detailed feedback. Knowing that the plexi is barely raised and "not even noticeable" made me feel much better about placing the order.

Justin

#35188 - 05/19/05 09:37 AM Re: More info about LFM-1 B-Stock
trikos Offline
Gunslinger

I should have got 2 or 3. You can never have too many.. wink

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM