Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#35088 - 03/18/05 12:05 AM LFM just delivered
ScottieDog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Washington
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, but been browsing this and other forums for months trying to determine what to buy for a new subwoofer. After much thought, I decided to go with the LFM-1. Well I spent the whole night trying to get it to work, to no avail. The green light is on but there is no sound. Reading the owners manual, it says to back out the screws on the woofer and check out the wires from the amp. That woofer is in there real tight and doesn't want to budge.

Does anyone here know how to get it out without doing any damage? I'm pretty disappointed right now, but if it has to be sent back, then I'll just have to do it.

Thanks for any help or advice,

SD

#35089 - 03/18/05 08:32 AM Re: LFM just delivered
JMS Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NE Ohio
Scott:

Are you certain you're sending a signal to the sub? Maybe you're not feeding it anything to "woof".

Jay

#35090 - 03/18/05 08:56 AM Re: LFM just delivered
ScottieDog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hi Jay

Yep I'm getting signal to the woofer. I played with all day yesterday, gave up last night, plugged in my old M&K, and it fired right up. I think the wires aren't connected to the woofer, but it is in the box so tight, there must be a trick to getting it out. Got to go to work right now, I'll check back later.....

SD

#35091 - 03/18/05 04:27 PM Re: LFM just delivered
ScottieDog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

FYI....

If anyone else has this problem, after I had a couple of phone calls to Steve at Outlaw and a process of ilimination, it appears to be a bad line in jack on the amp. They are sending me a new amp to install, I'll let you know how that goes next week.

SD

#35092 - 03/25/05 12:26 PM Re: LFM just delivered
ScottieDog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

FYI....my update,

After waiting allmost a week, I finally received the new amp to replace the one I was having problems with. Woof, Woof Woof ! My LFM is playing right now, rattling the windows and shaking the foundation! Got to have my fun before the wife gets home....

I'm still fine tuning, and experimenting with settings but it looks like I made the right choice.

Only negative is that I got a bad one, had it delivered over night, and then waited a week for the replacement part. But all ends up Ok, I'm a happy woofing camper. smile

SD

#35093 - 03/25/05 01:00 PM Re: LFM just delivered
Eddie Horton Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Birmingham, Alabama
Every company is going to have a bad part go out from time to time. It's how they handle it that makes or breaks them. Seems like Outlaw handled it well. Keep enjoying that sub!!

#35094 - 03/25/05 06:22 PM Re: LFM just delivered
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
very impressive that they sent an amp for the user to install and still have a warranty. i repeat VERY IMPRESSIVE!

i'd really like to buy more outlaw,but the truck stereo is so !!!!!!! addictive...

#35095 - 03/30/05 10:45 PM Re: LFM just delivered
ScottieDog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

OK Guys,

It's been a week now with my new LFM, and I have to say that I am very impressed. Music sounds great, with deep and full bass, quick to respond and very accurite. Movies have an impact and presence now that I never felt before, I think that is called SPL, and lots of it! Even the wife likes it, that's unbelievable.

We're moving to a new house and the living room will not be as big as the room I have now. The wife did not want two subwoofers in it. I had two M&K's, the MX-125 and the MK-V75. Those two subs did not fill the room as this one LFM does.

I searched for 2 months for the right sub, and had it narrowed down to the SVS PB12 Plus/2 and the LFM. I rolled the dice, and decided the SVS would be over kill for me. I'll never know if I was right, but I know that I am happy with my choice!

mmmm, know if I can talk the wife into letting me have one more. smile

SD

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts