Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#35012 - 02/08/05 10:38 PM Re: Replace Velodyne with LFM?
wingnut4772 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Miami
Hmmm..so I am taking the chance that some bass info may be lost on the Polk Rti 100s if I set them to large. How much bass info is in the surround channels anyway?

#35013 - 02/09/05 02:08 PM Re: Replace Velodyne with LFM?
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
the polk rti 100s are specd at 25Hz-27kHz. so no you would not be losing any bass that is going to the surrounds unless it is under 25Hz. i have not seen a movie yet with a surround track dipping that low in frequency anyway.

conversely you would be gaining all of the mid-low bass from your surrounds rather than from the sub, which could be dedicated only to lfe. i like my setup to have full range everywhere with that channel's bass being handled by the appropriate speaker and the sub getting only the signal it is supposed to get, rather than the lfe + the crossed over bass from all the other channels...

those settings are not for everyone, but if you have all large speakers it is best. i guess MOST people dont have full range surrounds, so that is why the crossover settings come into play a great deal for them as far as tweaking the sounds...

#35014 - 02/09/05 10:19 PM Re: Replace Velodyne with LFM?
wingnut4772 Offline
Desperado

I think those specs are with the powered subs on them? But I have been experimenting and I like them set to Large and the fronts to Small so far...Just for reference...the Rti100s make a pretty killer surround speaker if anyone has them and they want to upgrade their fronts and push these to the back. At least in my house they work very well.

#35015 - 02/16/05 10:23 AM Re: Replace Velodyne with LFM?
wingnut4772 Offline
Desperado

The LFM arrived and it is all set up. What an incredible sub. I put in the Finding Nemo Darla - What a nice name!... laugh (it just happens to be mine) Taps The Tank Scene and the whole house shook - and I have the sub set reasonably low due to my townhouse situation. The difference between this sub and the Velodyne is night and day but it is not really fair to besmirch the Velodyne. It is in a different category, price range , etc. and was/is decent for that level. I am very pleased with yet another Outlaw purchase. Now I just have to get that house....

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts