Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#34929 - 02/19/05 05:50 PM Re: LFM-1 vs. SVS PB12-Plus/2
LaserMark4 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Interesting that I found this discussion about wanting to go low, but not compromising quality of audio in higher freqs. I have been back and forth on this in my final buying decisions.

My question is this-- I have been considering purchasing one (1) LFM-1 (great music and highs), and one (1) SVS PB12-ISD/2 port blocked and tuned to the 20 or 16 Hz mode. Would that not give me the best of ALL worlds in terms of covering ranges and working in tandum?

Only other factor is that my dedicated HT/audio listening room is somewhat small at only 13' X 18' with an 8' ceiling. However, it is being fully surfaced and panel treated and will have great accoustics I think.

Would I be way overkilling the room with this set up, or in fact could I keep the units from not overdriving the volumn, and still have a wide and special range of bass?

Any thoughts??

#34930 - 02/20/05 11:42 AM Re: LFM-1 vs. SVS PB12-Plus/2
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
my thought is this, i cant stop from laughing since i see that you posted "special" range of bass. special is a funny way to describe audio sound. lol. did you mean spacial? one letter different but perhaps more fitting when talking about range...

seriously though, id think those two subs are excessive for that room. also, how does the lfm produce great highs? putting two subs into a room can be a blessing or a curse, because they dont always work together seamlessly... then again sometimes it is awesome. what makes you think that the svs sub isnt musical?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM