Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#34791 - 06/12/04 12:43 AM LFM-1 amplifier noise
Kurt Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin, USA
After receiving my LFM-1 about five months ago, I first noticed a herringbone beat pattern on when watching over-the-air TV. This beat pattern shows up on VHF-Lo band stations received in my area. I traced the "noise" to the amplifier in the LFM-1. When it is in "standby", the beat pattern is more noticeable than when the subwoofer is running. Outlaw was contacted and a replacement amp. was sent. There was no change in the interference with the new amp., and I have just learned to live with the problem.....unplugging the unit when it isn't being used. (this is for an audio-only system...no home theater) The subwoofer is in a lower level rec. room, of a tri-level and the antenna(s) are in the attic. Has anybody else run into this type of problem??

#34792 - 06/12/04 02:35 PM Re: LFM-1 amplifier noise
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
maybe you should try a filter for you tv cable... they are inexpensive. ground loop isolator or something like that blocks out inducted noise. that could be the issue since it only comes from tv. a lot of people have had that problem/do and dont know they do.

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.

#34793 - 06/12/04 07:47 PM Re: LFM-1 amplifier noise
Kurt Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin, USA
I don't think that a filter would help in this case. I tried a small battery operated color TV using it's own internal rod antenna outside the house, and the noise pattern was picked up 100' away.

#34794 - 06/15/04 10:12 AM Re: LFM-1 amplifier noise
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurt:
I don't think that a filter would help in this case. I tried a small battery operated color TV using it's own internal rod antenna outside the house, and the noise pattern was picked up 100' away.

maybe not, but the cost (i think) would merit a shot at trying to fix your problem... if not get it fixed.

try your sub in someone elses house... not pratical but maybe you have some kind of wiring issue. since there are not any other complaints about this, and you have gotten two that instantly have the same problem, maybe the problem lies in your house instead of in the product. id still give the ground loop isolator a shot.

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.

[This message has been edited by curegeorg (edited June 15, 2004).]

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts