Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#34746 - 05/17/04 12:19 PM cold
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
this topic sure went cold, i guess there havent been many new lfm buyers...

#34747 - 05/17/04 12:48 PM Re: cold
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
It may be that every one that bought the LFM-1 are enjoying it so much they don't have time for there computer

Lasher

#34748 - 05/17/04 05:00 PM Re: cold
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I think it's a bit silly (trolling?... nah, we'll just stick with silly) to assume that post counts in a product forum can be considered indicative of sales volume. The setup for an LFM-1 is not likely to generate a lot of questions that will lead a casual buyer to the saloon -- the manual spells it all out nicely, and people upgrading from an existing sub probably won't even need to open the manual. As I've said on a few other occasions, I think that forum feedback is much more likely to come from customers who have problems than customers for whom everything works, even when it works extremely well. Most customers who get a new product, hook it up, and find that it does exactly what they wanted are going to smile, toss in a movie, and enjoy the product. From time to time, one of them might post a review at AudioReview.com or register in a forum and post a comment or two. Customers who get a product and encounter problems -- a subwoofer that rattles and booms or that is nonfunctional -- are much more likely to take the time to post their experience because they are already in the process of looking for help with the problem.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#34749 - 05/17/04 05:35 PM Re: cold
JMS Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NE Ohio
I absolutely agree with you, Gonk. My lfm immediately "fit in" and kind of faded to the (terrific) background. As Joni Mitchell said: "Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone." We "have it" so the satisfying low end is just there.
My system is wired so I can turn off the five speakers and leave the sub on. It's interesting hearing the <40 cps information that the sub allows me to hear.

Jay

#34750 - 05/17/04 06:47 PM Re: cold
tvd51 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
Does Outlaw provide a good cable along with LFM-1? If yes, how much does it cost?
Thanks,
tvd51

#34751 - 05/17/04 06:51 PM Re: cold
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Outlaw sells a five-meter version of their PCA analog interconnect for $70 and a ten-meter version for $130 if you want to do some one-stop shopping.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#34752 - 05/18/04 01:51 PM Re: cold
kugumby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: St. Louis, MO USA
I posted a glowing response the day after mine was up and running. I still haven't listened to much music as it's mostly for TV and movies. However, I just received my Soundhound organ music yesterday and look forward to listening to that. (At low volume levels first, of course.)

I'm still amazed at the depth of sound that my system has now that I never knew I was missing with my old sub.

I'd still highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new sub. I couldn't be happier.

#34753 - 05/19/04 10:15 PM Re: cold
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
just trying to get some chat going about the lfm, and you see that someone has some questions...

10.21, looks like several people had something to say in this category. my cold post heated things up, i knew there was some unfounded interest in the lfm1.

[This message has been edited by curegeorg (edited May 21, 2004).]

Who's Online
0 registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Helson 1
patm1198 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts