Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#34711 - 05/23/04 12:00 PM Re: LFM-1
Last Call Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Sheboygan Falls, WI
Thanks for the responses. I've been out to Best Buy getting a new laptop since my old one decided that viewing the screen was no longer necessary. That puts a little crimp in my budget though. I had just gotten approval for my sub and then the computer goes south. Isn't that always the way? I am considering the forgiveness vs permission option but in my experience wives have VERY long memories. Not sure I care to have that conversation for the rest of my life! Especially when a few weeks of moping will probably get the pitty approval. Anyway, I am set on giving the LFM1 a shot. I just have to hear what eveyone is talking about. Everyone here knows their stuff and if it passes your hearing tests that is good enough for me.

Sorry for sparking up the censorship thing. I am always amazed to see how many people think that everything that can be said should be said.

One last note. If anyone is looking for a really nice laptop for a reasonable price, Best Buy....yes Best Buy has an eMachines M6805 that runs the new Mobile Athlon64 3000+ processor for $1250 after $250 in rebates. Trust me, you aren't going to find anything this nice for this price anywhere and I work in an IT room full of Gateways, Dells, Sonys, and Toshibas. Forget 'em...buy the eMachines. It's got the Mobility 9600 graphics card too! Ok, enough of the computer geek stuff....back to the music.

#34712 - 05/23/04 11:10 PM Re: LFM-1
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

re eMachines: can't comment on their portables (since I'm a big Sony Vaio fan when it comes to portables) however two of the desktop systems in my home network are older eMachines products. They were incredible value then - and still are. I have nothing but praise for them. And when a power supply started to act up on one of them, their customer service rep was very helpful in getting me a replacement.

re the begging for forgiveness "Outlaw" approach: I'm all for it. However, unlike my once hiding a new sub under a table and behing a couch where it took my wife a few months to notice it, this weekend I indulged a minor mid-life crisis and bought a type of used car that I've wanted for years. I've spent all the rest of the weekend working my wife's gardens and flower beds for her - saving up those attaboys - since I'm not sure where I'm going to hide the car when I take delivery later this week!

re wives with long memories: I think the going rate is 1000 attaboys per awshit. Start saving!

Jeff Mackwood

#34713 - 05/25/04 01:37 PM Re: LFM-1
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
Your 'attaboy' exchange rate makes me think the Canada/US rate is a good deal!

#34714 - 05/31/04 09:23 PM Re: LFM-1
Last Call Offline
Gunslinger

I'm going to give it a try....maybe the pre-purchase attaboy will work out. I've always made the buy then taken my lumps and worked it off later but planning ahead and getting in good graces before hand might work better. Hmmmm.....if the rain ever stops here I'll have to get out the shovels and do some landscaping.

#34715 - 06/20/04 12:56 AM Re: LFM-1
Last Call Offline
Gunslinger

Well, I went with the permission path and whined like Geoge Castanza. Whatever, it worked and my sub is on the way. Actually I ordered two because my brother wanted one too and with the free shipping offer we got them delivered with a cable for $570. You just can't beat that. Can't wait to get it hooked up.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online
0 registered (), 83 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM