Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#34629 - 01/12/04 12:30 PM AudioReview
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Since there are a growing number of you who now have LFM-1 subs sitting in your home, you all might be interested to know that there is now an entry at AudioReview for the LFM-1. I'd post a review, but despite some discussion with mrs. gonk around the newly-relocated home theater (she likes the look of the LFM-1 more than the SVS 25-31PCi that I bought about a year and a half ago), we haven't actually bought one.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#34630 - 01/12/04 02:21 PM Re: AudioReview
kugumby Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: St. Louis, MO USA
I've been surprised so far by the lack of reviews even though it seems like only a couple of people actually have the LFM-1. Usually the Outlaw community is quick to send out new information. It sounds like in the other thread that more are at least on the way to their new homes.

I went ahead and signed up for the waiting list. Although some reviews would be nice, I'm betting that it's a killer sub anyway.

[This message has been edited by kugumby (edited January 12, 2004).]

#34631 - 01/12/04 04:33 PM Re: AudioReview
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
It took a long time to see a review there after first 7100 amp was sold to the public.

#34632 - 01/15/04 01:41 PM Re: AudioReview
jdavis37 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Huntersville,NC,USA
Short note as I am still at work and they actually expect me to do something besides this lol I had hoped to have the time to post more regarding the LFM-1 as mine did arrive before Christmas. That being said, I do not have a lot of prior powered subwoofer experience, so I cannot say how it compares to it's "peers". Part of me feels I may well have been happy with any of the similar priced units made by HSU or SVS, but I really cannot say.

BUT, one thing is for certain, the LFM-1 is incredible. At the risk of offending anyone ( please forgive if I do ) but the first movie I watched with it on, the two Towers, made my kahunas vibrate as I sat on the sofa. I easily found 102-105 db of sound level without even pushing my system ( 950 pre pro/755 amp ) and, as hoped, I found I was listening to the movie at overall lower volume levels due to the bass. it's tight, works well in 2 channel stereo mode as long as I turn down the output volume from 7 to about 5, and overall simply performs. It also looks very nice with the plexi top, though it is large unit. On a scale of 10, I'm near a 10.. very happy with it for both 2 channel music and HT. It rumbles deep and hard for HT though is never boomy and only produces musical bass that is there. I have not taken frequency measurements, but can say I can often feel bass that I cannot hear. Maybe the HSU models or the SVS's are just as good but I'd find it hard to believe hey are any better.. it's truly a great speaker! Hope this helps!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 84 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM