Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#34625 - 01/16/04 11:04 AM Re: LFM-1 Questions
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Drifting away from the original subject is not uncommon in the chat rooms. Its not like a televised debate where time is limited. I’m sure if someone wants to add relevant comments, they can.

Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
[B]Maybe I could snag one of these new high paying jobs that seem so plentiful. Maybe they will need music editors to edit the Muzak that will be piped through GWB's moon base station that will keep the inhabitants from going bonkers. B]

“high paying job” is a subjective term. Lets say, for simplicity sake, if someone makes more than US median income (see website below), that could be considered a high paying job? But it varies from state to state.
http://www.census.gov/hhes/income/income02/statemhi.html
Or were you considering a six figure income?

Well, soundhound, they have those here in and around Chicago (so does New York City but the cost of living there may turn a lot of people off). You should give it a thought. Someone with experience and knowledge like yours (based on my observation in the saloon), I don’t see why you would have a problem here.

"Maybe they will need music editors to edit the Muzak ..."

You may not want to count that out. You never know…

#34626 - 01/16/04 02:25 PM Re: LFM-1 Questions
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mountain View, CA, USofA
I would like to have a six-figure salary ... all six of those figures being to the LEFT of the decimal point.

A high salary is only truly high when it is in the context of the cost of living in which the salary is earned. In the S.F. Bay area, with the outrageous housing costs, I don't consider a salary to be high unless it is over the $150,000 mark. Even then, someone earning $150,000 is not going to be able to afford much of a house unless they are willing put up with an hour or more commute time each direction to/from work. In which case, a large portion of that salary will be used for medical expenses for stress related problems.

Of course, if your partner also has a nice salary, then you may be able to afford something livable near work.

The bad thing living in a high-cost area like the S.F. Bay is the housing costs (and the associated problem of crowding and traffic).

The nice thing is that, with the somewhat higher salaries, the "toys", such as the Outlaw LFM-1 and other Outlaw gear, are more obtainable.

So what if I live in a cardboard box under an overpass, I have a fabulous surround sound system, drive a BMW (nor really)while talking on my cellphone (that has a camera, a fax machine, and a hdtv projector built in), while sipping on my $tarbux double venti cappuccino-latte , all the while flipping-off the other inconsiderate motorists who are in MY way!

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1

#34627 - 02/04/04 03:53 AM Re: LFM-1 Questions
krimig Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Well, while this all did get off the topic, it still is a beneficial thread. It shows the demographics of the Outlaws. It looks to me like the people who buy these products are thoughtful and intelligent. Thoughtful, intelligent people tend to find good products. This is a group of people that would be fun to spend a Saturday afternoon having a beer with and talking about the world, and Outlaw Audio has a product line and philosophy that is worthy of such company. It's been nice getting aquainted with Outlaw Audio, and all you good people.

#34628 - 02/25/04 12:41 PM Re: LFM-1 Questions
tvd51 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada
I share Jeff Mackwood's view of avoiding "Made in China" products, not just because of the quality.
SVS subwoofers are made in US (the amp is made in Canada) and the price is very reasonable.
tvd51

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM