Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#34615 - 01/15/04 02:16 AM Re: LFM-1 Questions
GMAN Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Seattle,WA,USA
Ok!! What does all this talk of outsourcing and China have to do with subwoofers?

BNSF Railway Engineers Do It All Day And Night!

2 CHANNEL: McIntosh MX119,(2)MC402,,Oppo BDP83,AppleTV,Vienna Beethovens,(2)Outlaw LFM-1Plus Subs,Panasonic 50"Plasma,PS Audio Power Plant Premiere,WireWorld Silver Electra Power Cords
HOME THEATER: Pioneer Elite 7.1 Rcvr,McIntosh MC58, Panasonic Bluray,Ipod,Infocus Proj,Vienna Mozarts,Outlaw LRC,Boston Surrounds,Outlaw LFM-1EX Sub

#34616 - 01/15/04 10:24 AM Re: LFM-1 Questions
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
North America, as in [b]Mexico...[/B]

,US and Canada. Plus, jobs for the Mexicans in US as well.

#34617 - 01/15/04 10:28 AM Re: LFM-1 Questions
Templar Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I don't buy anything made outside of New Jersey, except for Georgia (where I have family), Texas (cause they have a cool flag), and Oregon (I went to school there).

My house is pretty sparse, and I dont have shingles yet, but a little water is well worth it to make sure I only support my own little niche of the world!

Vive La Competition! If I start supporting other countries, pretty soon they may have more than me, and I can't have that!

Oh yeah, subwoofers... They sound neat, but I dont think that the wires are made by anyone in my family.

- Just playing Devil's Advocate.

------------------
People give People a bad
name

#34618 - 01/15/04 11:30 AM Re: LFM-1 Questions
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Templar, I have the greatest respect for you. I've said it before and I will say it again, if you don't speak my language or have a funny accent I would just prefer you to starve to death; homeless without a job. USA,USA,USA,USA,USA!!! After all only Americans are people (and thats just including the United States, not the other 20 countries that make up America).

Some people need to lighten up, its a global economy. If someone is so desperate for a job I would suggest they move to China or Mexico where they got it so good. If you want to point the blame at anybody, its us, the workers who are driving jobs away. Ever notice how the message boards thrive during business hours and not on the weekends? I guess its just easier to blame the boss instead of ourselves.

[This message has been edited by Jed M (edited January 15, 2004).]

#34619 - 01/15/04 11:54 AM Re: LFM-1 Questions
JMS Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NE Ohio
For me, the issue is quality, not the source of the product. Is anyone else old enough to remember when Made in Japan was a sign of shodiness? When we have true innovators a la Saul Marantz, Henry Kloss, etc. we reap the rewards. If you were a buggy manufacturer you lost out when the automobile prevailed. I'm in favor of change, not stagnation.
Two: I have family members that won't buy German cars for political reasons going back fifty years. It is impossible to buy a car that isn't tainted with some sort of collusion with politically unsavory types. What are we to do? Ignore Richard Wagner, Mercedes and Braun because they're German? Unfortunately, it's a dead end issue. BTW, on a related topic, the Ford Foundation, which supported various racist causes has corrected itself. As a cockeyed optimist, I believe that eventually goodness and rightness prevail. Let's not be obstructionist!

Jay

#34620 - 01/15/04 12:18 PM Re: LFM-1 Questions
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Jed M:
Ever notice how the message boards thrive during business hours and not on the weekends? I guess its just easier to blame the boss instead of ourselves.

Good point Jed M but those who are business owners can set their own work hours.

[This message has been edited by Spiker (edited January 15, 2004).]

#34621 - 01/15/04 12:19 PM Re: LFM-1 Questions
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiker:
,US and Canada. Plus, jobs for the Mexicans in US as well.

Could you tell us more specifically what these jobs are and where they are? My field is one that is being impacted heavily by this "globalization", only we call it "runaway production" - however the motive is the same, cheaper labor. Maybe I could snag one of these new high paying jobs that seem so plentiful. Maybe they will need music editors to edit the Muzak that will be piped through GWB's moon base station that will keep the inhabitants from going bonkers.

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited January 15, 2004).]

#34622 - 01/15/04 02:44 PM Re: LFM-1 Questions
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

If you are referring to US unemployment rate, you may want to look here http://www.wallstreetview.com/unemployment.html

Here’s something on Canada’s unemployment rate last October http://quickstart.clari.net/qs_se/webnews/wed/cf/Qcanada-economy-jobs.RILz_DN7.html

A friend of mine just got back from a trip to Mexico and gave some boost to their tourism industry. If she didn’t have a job here at home and made enough money for a fun trip, this may not have been the case.

SH, if you ever need a job and willing to relocate, I’d recommend Chicago, Illinois. http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/jobs/?track=ctjobstab I used to move around from city to city and state to state for work. It wasn’t fun but coming to Chicago made all that worth while. If you don’t mind a few cold days during the winter, you will like it here a lot. Want to build a house here? I’ll design you one at a discount rate. Consider it a “Gunslinger Discount”.

#34623 - 01/15/04 03:12 PM Re: LFM-1 Questions
worldwide Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: las vegas, NV 89031
Um....sorry for the interruption....but I was mainly interested in the manufacturer of the driver (eg. Vifa, Scanspeak, Focal, Peerless), the thickness of the MDF, the cabinet finish and whether or not family pricing applies. Thanks and as Mike Myers would say "discuss".

[This message has been edited by worldwide (edited January 15, 2004).]

#34624 - 01/15/04 04:19 PM Re: LFM-1 Questions
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

Geez! The nerve of some people - interrupting a great topic like that.

Oops, that was the topic. The nerve of some people, changing the original topic like that. (Guilty as charged)

When I spoke to Peter a couple of days ago I recall him saying that Outlaw would soon be posting a detailed account of the design / process in the near future. If so, I suspect that your questions will all be answered at that time.

Jeff Mackwood

ps. Can we try religion next?

ps. Soundhound. I'm with you 100% on this one. Unfortunately, for most issues, it's only when it gets really close to home and personal, that most people realize there's a real problem. And by then it's too late.

I was at a trade show last month in Vegas when a Chinese rep (just doing his job of course) approached my booth thinking that I was Pratt & Whitney Canada (probably because I had one of their engines sitting in my booth.) Without beating around the bush at all he simply said (and I paraphrase / interpret): "You send me the complete specs and blueprints for your engine and we will make it all for you. The whole thing. Much cheaper than what it's costing you now." When I asked him (pretending for an instant to be the Pratt's guy he thought I was) what I would then do with the thousands of Canadian employees that now build that product he replied "Fire them all. They're no longer needed. We do it cheaper. You don't need them." The unfortunate thing: I bet his pitch worked more often than not.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM