Boston Acoustics 9000 MkII speakers.

I didn't feel like continuing my first thread, but here is a link to it:

http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000547.html

I have now compared my sub with and without the speaker wires connected to it. I don't like it. I even went so far as to configure everything with the Avia disk like this. Here are all of my 1050 settings:

With wires running to the Sub along with an LFE cable:

Fronts: Large
Center/Rear: Small
Sub: On

Sub Trim: -13db
Vol: 62 which = 75 db

Low Freq Sweep 120hz xover 94db @~32Hz
Low Freq Sweep 100hz xover 95db @~32Hz

With only the LFE cable:

Fronts: Small
Center/Rear: Small
Sub: On

Sub Trim: -8db
Vol: 62 which = 75 db

Low Freq Sweep 120hz xover 90db @~35Hz
Low Freq Sweep 100hz xover 91db @~45-32Hz

I then played the THX intro from T2 and compared it between the 100 and 120 xover as well as comparing with and without the wires connected. Yes, I reset the 1050 to the correct settings before each test.

I ran this test at 50 and 60 on the volume control. Yes, I could have turned the volume up to 70 or higher, but didn't see the need to do this.

Even though w/wires tested lower in terms of db delivered and what frequency it was not so when I played the THX intro. w/wires never even topped 91db with either xover. w/out wires at 100Hz hit 97 db and was always above 93db.

The difference in clarity was readily apparant as well. I was able to hear very subtle nuances in the sound without the wires connected. I could hear drips and other sounds that were missing when I had the speaker wires connected.

I'm glad I did this as it confirmed what I heard at first. Obviously this is how it sounds in my house with how I have everything connected, placed and configured.

I was able to get my Right Front speaker dialed in by realigning the speaker and bring it down to 75db from 78db.

I have also upped the Center speaker to 77db from 75db to get the people speaking just a tad more.

I am now off to adjust the picture since I received the Sony Service Manual for my TV. I have already written down all of the default settings and have read the manual a few times. Not doing too much, more of having to square up the picture and get some of the bowing out of it. I will adjust the color, brightness, etc with the standard controls.

Larry