Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#33171 - 04/21/04 04:49 PM Canadian Distribution Center?
just_me_the_dude Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: ON, Canada
"Not sure where to post this"

I am a current owner of (2) M200 amp and very happy with it but it costed me C$170 dollars for the Brokerage fees from UPS (not happy with that one). I am planning to purchase more of the product but just hesitant of paying an arm and a leg for the brokerage fees. I am just new in this forum but it seems that there are a lot of Canadians who are really interested with the product(Outlaw). Does anyone here know if Outlaw Audio is considering having a distribution center in Canada? I'm sure it will be profitable for them since a lot of people are really interested, of course it will still be an internet purchase only product to still keep the cost down. And one more thing just in case the Outlaw people is reading this...my question to you is What will it take for you to have a distribution center here in Canada? Thanks in advance in any responses.

#33172 - 04/21/04 05:34 PM Re: Canadian Distribution Center?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
It's a good suggestion, and there is a pretty respectable Canadian population here on the forum. Outlaw does listen to their customers and they do read everything that we post here on the forum, so I think your current approach is a good one -- toss the idea out there. Even if they don't say anything here, they'll kick it around.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#33173 - 04/22/04 08:56 AM Re: Canadian Distribution Center?
just_me_the_dude Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thanks "gonk"

#33174 - 05/13/04 05:12 PM Re: Canadian Distribution Center?
Dundas Offline
Gunslinger

I believe that you'll find that the C$170 covers duty, GST and PST as well as brokerage.

#33175 - 05/14/04 08:44 AM Re: Canadian Distribution Center?
just_me_the_dude Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I am aware of that, but the brokerage fees is too high...considering the taxes are high enough.

#33176 - 05/27/04 03:34 PM Re: Canadian Distribution Center?
canali Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: vancouver BC
Folks: i order CONSTANTLY from the US...the way I get over the brokerage issue is to tell USP (or whichever courier company i'm using) that I WILL CLEAR IT MYSELF, as soon as I get the tracking number.

and if they DO clear it and then deliver it, i have my demands plainly on file (always get the rep's name and date you spoke with them) I get a refund for their mistake.

Otherwise I just drive to the airport, pick up the slip, walk a block to the canada customs clearance, pay the taxes, walk back and the courier company will still, if i prefer, ship it to me (sometimes useful if it's a large item, ie, speakers, or whatever).

Hope this helps.
Joe
Vancouver BC

#33177 - 05/30/04 11:49 PM Re: Canadian Distribution Center?
Dundas Offline
Gunslinger

UPS's brokerage fees are, if I recall correctly, about $35 - $40. That is high compared to the $5 that Canada Post charges but comparable to what others (Fedex, etc.) charge. You would still have to pay GST and PST if Outlaw had a distribution center in Canada and, I suspect, they would have to charge a lot more for their products to cover the costs of running a distribution center here.

#33178 - 06/12/04 11:31 AM Re: Canadian Distribution Center?
Jas1 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Alberta,Canada
My solution was to obtain a US address at
UPS/MBE. I have to drive about 3 hours one way to get there, but when you purchase a projector, screen, theatre equip., audio dist. amp, etc. it is well worth it.

The products may sit for a while until a trip can be made, but it all was very well worth while.
The only problem is if anything needs to be returned, although that would still be a pain even if it was sent to your door.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 144 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts