Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#33088 - 12/12/03 11:50 AM Re: 200 bi-amp compatability
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by RVJII:
Yeah, on the Polk forum they tell me that I can't run those RTi12's with only 110 per. I'm still confused on that since I have been doing so for over a month and my neighbor has already complained twice...

I guess that I just like the idea of getting a really hefty amp like Outlaw makes (looked at Adcom as well). Plus I'm guessing that things sound good now they'll sound even better with an amp that isn't straining and has plenty of headroom.

I don't know...do you think that 200 to each of the fronts in a non bi-amp configuration would be enough? Then I could just go with 2 M-Blocks. Or should I go for broke and get the 755, sending 400 to the mains and 200 to the center?

Thanks for your help guys. I feel like I already may have made one mistake with the Onkyo and don't want to repeat it.

I would suggest that you buy a pair of m-blocks and try them alone to power the Polk's. Unless your room is really large or really dead, they shoud have plenty of power. I haven't done measurements but they drove a pair of old pair of Polk SDA 1-c's as well as my old Adcom GFA-565's which were beasts in size compared to the m-blocks. From my experience, they appear to have good reserve power.

[This message has been edited by morphsci (edited December 12, 2003).]

#33089 - 12/12/03 10:09 PM Re: 200 bi-amp compatability
Keta Offline
Desperado

Loc: Central VA
RVJII I should have been more clear in my orginal post. "IF" you think the Onkyo power is lacking in some way then I think you should try the 200's. Just use them on there own and don't try to bi-amp.

#33090 - 12/12/03 11:49 PM Re: 200 bi-amp compatability
kkoenning Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Peotone, Illinois, USA
RVJII,

Of course, this is only a suggestion. I recommend you buy three M-200's and use them across the front. Power the left, center, and right channels using the monoblocks. I just did this with my B&K AVR-507 (150W per channel) and I am extremely pleased with the results!! The receiver was AMAZING on its own, but with the monoblocks powering the fronts, the system is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME.

My speakers are as follows: Monitor Audio GR-10's (fronts), Monitor Audio Gold Reference center, Krix Equinox for surrounds, and a M&K MX-350 sub.

#33091 - 12/13/03 09:44 PM Re: 200 bi-amp compatability
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
outlaw does have a return policy so rather than second guess yourself, if i were you i would just get the 755 and be finished with it.

#33092 - 03/17/04 11:42 PM Re: 200 bi-amp compatability
kscott407 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Pinson,alabama, USA
Glad to see a review with B&K. I have just ordered two m200's to run the front channels of my B&K 307. I too have been very happy with the 307 but hoped that the two mono blocks would have a major impact, should free up some power for the other channels. May have to do the center channel later. Thanks Kscott407
Quote:
Originally posted by kkoenning:
RVJII,

Of course, this is only a suggestion. I recommend you buy three M-200's and use them across the front. Power the left, center, and right channels using the monoblocks. I just did this with my B&K AVR-507 (150W per channel) and I am extremely pleased with the results!! The receiver was AMAZING on its own, but with the monoblocks powering the fronts, the system is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME.

My speakers are as follows: Monitor Audio GR-10's (fronts), Monitor Audio Gold Reference center, Krix Equinox for surrounds, and a M&K MX-350 sub.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 145 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts