Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#33034 - 09/06/03 09:52 AM M200 Pair
Signal_20 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Orlando, Florida
I just ordered a pair of 200's to run my Legacy Classics. I am very excited to see how the amps do or to see if I'll need another pair(not sure if one pair is enough and I can run the speakers bi-amped). I sold a Parasound HCA-1500a because it just did not hit hard enough so that is what I am replacing. I listen to Metallica type stuff and I am not sure something that thin can work that good but I can't wait to try. Has anyone else run Legacys with these amps?

------------------
Jim

#33035 - 02/09/04 09:48 PM Re: M200 Pair
radio66 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: chicago
how did the AMPS handel the clasics.

#33036 - 02/09/04 11:19 PM Re: M200 Pair
Signal_20 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Wow I forgot about this post! Well I did not like the way the 200's drove the Legacy speakers (not hard enough) and sent them back. They just did not have the hard hitting power that I wanted but that is just my preference and listening style. The 200's are very good amps I should have gotten 2 more and run them bi-amped I guess with 2 amps per speaker. I ended up getting a Krell amp and it drives harder than any amp I've ever heard. Also later on I ended up buying a pair of Legacy Focus speakers and the only thing I can say is if you have never heard them you do not know what you are missing. They are the greatest sounding speaker on the market for the money, $7800.00 now I think. By the way I mostly listen to hard rock music but I do like some classical. I would highly recommend the Outlaw 200 amps for most applications unless you like to get crazy like me lol. I am also thinking about buying an Outlaw 950 to run my surround to replace a Yamaha RX-V3000. If you want them to drive Signature III Legacy's get four M200's and run them bi-amped. You will like the performance and power a lot better. One M200 for one of those Sig III's is not enough unless all you do is low level room listening. Let me know if I can be any further help. My Krell is the monster but they are a bit pricy for most.

[This message has been edited by Signal_20 (edited February 09, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Signal_20 (edited February 09, 2004).]

#33037 - 02/09/04 11:20 PM Re: M200 Pair
Signal_20 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Wow I forgot about this post! Well I did not like the way the 200's drove the Legacy speakers (not hard enough) and sent them back. They just did not have the hard hitting power that I wanted but that is just my preference and listening style. The 200's are very good amps I should have gotten 2 more and run them bi-amped I guess with 2 amps per speaker. I ended up getting a Krell amp and it drives harder than any amp I've ever heard. Also later on I ended up buying a pair of Legacy Focus speakers and the only thing I can say is if you have never heard them you do not know what you are missing. They are the greatest sounding speaker on the market for the money, $7800.00 now I think. By the way I mostly listen to hard rock music but I do like some classical. I would highly recommend the Outlaw 200 amps for most applications unless you like to get crazy like me lol. I am also thinking about buying an Outlaw 950 to run my surround to replace a Yamaha RX-V3000.

#33038 - 02/10/04 09:26 PM Re: M200 Pair
radio66 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: chicago
thanks that is what I was not hopeing to hear. I like my music loud with a strong deep base aslo. I have looked at Krell, I might just have to go that route later in the year. I will try the 200s like you said and if they are underpowered they will just go to the kids room or for the surround speakers.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 177 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts