$450 for just the mods to one amp, $800 for modding a pair. Wow! Do they now need designer electricity?

I would suggest to anyone who is NOT satisfied with the stock model M200, that you shop around for an amp that you ARE satisfied with. The thing about buying M200s and having them modded, is that you are paying for some of the compnents and labor TWICE. Once for the orignal M200 and again for the new parts and installation of them.

I could see somone who is technically minded (and who does not mind voiding a warranty) getting hold of some audio jewelry grade caps and connectors and maybe some other pieces parts and doing their own mods. I have done so on my Acoustat speakers (long out of warranty because Acoustat does not exist any longer) and my Sony 999es dvd/sacd player, whose warranty I have voided by replaceing the analog output opamps.

Maybe all those mods to the M200 do help refine the sound, but I certainly would want to become very familiar with the sound of the stock M200 prior to even considering modding it.

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1