Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#32927 - 04/17/03 05:18 PM common ground on 200's
mcmike Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Oakton, VA
My pair Outlaw M-200 monoblocks should be here tomarrow....yeehaaaaa.

Question...Are these considered to have a commen ground??

I'll be connecting a REL sub. The rep from REL suggested that I continue to get my feed from the speaker connects on the new amp(200's). This is the feed REL considers or calls the "high" range which basically provides you with full range audio through my main fronts (Boston VR-M50's)utilizing the sub to catch everything below 59hz level where my speakers (the mains)roll off.

This works great because I listen to alot of 2 channel in direct mode, and the sub fills in everything that my speakers can't effectivly handle (sub has LFE also, considered REL's low range and can be used in conjunction with each other or independently).

Babble.........Anyways, when connecting for this "high" range, you attach 3 wires. 1 left pos, 1 right pos, and 1 the the right ground. But thats if the new 200's are considered to be "common ground". Otherwise I have to make the ground connection through the chassis.

Any other hookup options will be appreciated.

Thanks, mike

#32928 - 04/18/03 10:47 AM Re: common ground on 200's
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
My understanding of common ground is that both the right and left channel have a common ground connection (I could be wrong but if so I am also sure someone will correct me ). Since the M-200 are monoblocks they are not a common ground. You can tie the grounds together by running a cable between the ground connectors on each amp. I do this with my SDA-1C's since they require a common ground when the SDA cable is attached between speakers. Then you could run a third wire to your REL from the right amp.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 149 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts