Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#32710 - 11/27/02 04:52 PM New logo (aka: I've got my shades on, let the flames begin!)
ampeg66 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
Wow! I am pleasantly surprised.

Since I was prolly one of the more obnoxiously vocal people who didn't like the original logo, I just wanted to say that the revised logo is a welcome improvement. From my perspective, it fits right in with the Outlaw identity and attitude and retains their unique image among audio manufacturers, but in a classier and more appropriate way.

Remember, my main complaint with the original logo was that, in my opinion, while it was *unique* in the market, it failed to adequately reflect the high quality of the products, thus it was not *appropriate*. In my opinion, the original logo would be more suited to consumer-level equipment and marketing based more on “attitude,” rather than higher-quality gear that can be marketed to mid-to-high-end consumers based on price and performance (with a bit of that Outlaw attitude in the mix to help differentiate them in the market).

In other words, the old logo seemed to emphasize the attitude over the quality and performance of the products; the new, more understated logo seems to shift the emphasis back onto the gear itself, with the Outlaw attitude as a secondary (and certainly necessary) market positioning tool. As it should be. IMNSHO.

Big kudos to Outlaw for addressing this issue in an effective manner, and for maintaining a sense of humor about it (as on the M-200 Gallery page). And for making all the products with the "original vintage logo" into collector's items.

Just one question: can you screen that thing onto a 950 for me?
Outlaw LFM-1 Plus Subwoofer
SA8300HD Cable Box | Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray Player | Apple TV

#32711 - 11/28/02 03:06 AM Re: New logo (aka: I've got my shades on, let the flames begin!)
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
I got to be honest: I didn't notice the new logo until you mentioned it.

I guess, a) not important to me enough that I noticed on my own, or, b) not different enough that I noticed on my own.

I *still* say, get rid of the silk screen, and go with metal plates.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#32712 - 11/28/02 10:36 AM Re: New logo (aka: I've got my shades on, let the flames begin!)
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
I also like the new logo. It has a "classy" look to it. Please send me two of them ASAP!

#32713 - 11/28/02 11:59 AM Re: New logo (aka: I've got my shades on, let the flames begin!)
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
My vote still goes for some of those stick-on 'bullet holes' across the faceplate

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited November 28, 2002).]

#32714 - 11/29/02 02:34 AM Re: New logo (aka: I've got my shades on, let the flames begin!)
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mountain View, CA, USofA
And maybe some genuine faux barbedwire to tastfully drape over the stack of Outlaw equipment to add a touch of elegance and atmosphere. Goes good with stick-on bullet holes.

Paul

#32715 - 11/29/02 08:47 AM Re: New logo (aka: I've got my shades on, let the flames begin!)
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul J. Stiles:
And maybe some genuine faux barbedwire to tastfully drape over the stack of Outlaw equipment to add a touch of elegance and atmosphere. Goes good with stick-on bullet holes.
Paul

You might have something here. Perhaps all of the Outlaw Cables should be painted to look like barbedwire. Might fend off thieves trying to steal the equipment as a side benifit.

#32716 - 12/01/02 01:51 AM Re: New logo (aka: I've got my shades on, let the flames begin!)
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
I hear that the first 50 who buy a 200, will get a matching holster and six-shooters to go with it! (Just joshin'...)

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#32717 - 12/01/02 03:17 AM Re: New logo (aka: I've got my shades on, let the flames begin!)
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mountain View, CA, USofA
Six hooters? Oh, shooters. Nevermind

A semiautomatic sixshooter?

Paul

#32718 - 12/01/02 11:49 AM Re: New logo (aka: I've got my shades on, let the flames begin!)
charlie Offline
Desperado

Actually there have been a few semi-automatic revolvers, but the design hasn't really taken off. A little firearm trivia - I guess it has a place on an Outlaw forum.

#32719 - 12/03/02 05:30 PM Re: New logo (aka: I've got my shades on, let the flames begin!)
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
I've heard of dual-action revolvers, but I'm not sure I'd quite call them semi-automatic, because it's not the action of the bullet firing that pushes the pin back. Or are you talking about something other than dual-action revolvers?

Paint me curious.

Oh, and I *definitely* much much prefer the new logo. Can I get some stickers that are about the same size as the old logo?

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts