Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#32707 - 01/16/03 02:28 PM Re: Bi-amping?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
The author in the Cary link is referring to the "parallel-amping" I was referring to in my above post, not true bi-amping.

I think he is _really_ off the mark comparing the concept of bi-amping to what a PA system _sounds like_. Bi-amping is no more likely to make your home theater sound like a PA system than using race gas in your car is likely to make it capable of going 200 miles per hour. He obviously heard a bad example of bi-amping, that make his "ears ring". I'm sorry, but to put it mildly, he is "uninformed".

I was not saying that everybody needs to drop everything and go to bi-amping. It is for those who like to tinker that things like bi-amping is useful. It was food for thought.

#32708 - 01/16/03 11:35 PM Re: Bi-amping?
eurorom Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: El Paso Texas
I agree with soundhound,I am Bi-amping my front main speakers using an electronic cross over,to my ears it sounds more dynamic,less conpression,and I will not burn my tweeters(compression drivers) if my low -end(bass) amp clipps.If you are going to go the Bi-Amping route,do it with an outboard electronic cross-over;you will hear the DIFFERENCE........

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts