Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#32603 - 11/19/02 05:24 PM Congratulations, JasonA
DollarBill Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Durham, CT
I kind of thought you had the "amusing" guess wrapped up.

#32604 - 11/19/02 05:32 PM Re: Congratulations, JasonA
CBWills Offline
Gunslinger

Have there been winners announced? I didn't see a new newsletter.

#32605 - 11/19/02 05:40 PM Re: Congratulations, JasonA
bakkahead Offline
Gunslinger

Congratulations JasonA!!!
Check out http://www.outlawaudio.com//products/200.html for a sneak peak.
=============================================

Why is it that I have to go to HTF to find the latest Outlaw News? I have noticed that my Outlaw newsletter usually comes later than some others, but I would think the latest news would be posted on Outlaw's web site. Is it right in front of my face and I'm just overlooking it?

Here's the latest news posted by Jed:

Outlaw Audio Update-Pre-Holiday 2002

Dear Jed:

Is it almost that time already? The tree lots are getting ready to open, and commercials for silly gifts that no one really wants have replaced political ads on TV.

>From a timing standpoint, this is a peculiar year for those who indulge in Holiday Shopping. Thanksgiving is a week later than u
With that in mind, we beg your indulgence for getting this edition of our Newsletter out a bit later than usual. We wanted to hold it for a variety of reasons so that we could get you some early shopping news along with the usual monthly product updates. We'll most likely come back to you with one more Update before the end of the year, so we've combined a great deal of information here. In addition, to shorten the Newsletter a bit, we've off-loaded some of the more copy-heavy information to our web site. We've also re-formatted this newsletter so that you'll see three major categories: "New Products", "Current Products" and "Everything Else". We hope this makes it easier to get the information to you, so without further ado, here goes:

NEW PRODUCT NEWS

Looking at the postings in the Saloon, it is obvious that we've created a great deal of interest in the Model 200. Now that the contest is over, we are able to provide the product details. We know that the Outlaw community is at the top of their game, and as you'll see a number of you hit the answer right on the mark, or were awfully close. In brief, the Model 200 is a 200 watt mono-block amplifier (20 Hz - 20 kHz @ 8 ohms, >0.05% THD). Even more amazing, it is only one rack unit high! We are in the process of updating our web site to add the Model 200 and you will be able to learn more over the next several days by visiting us at www.outlawaudio.com.

As to the contest, our thanks to everyone who took the time to enter. In addition to the many correct guesses, some of the "wrong" answers may end up being close to products we're working on for the future, but it's WAY too early for more than that. Some of the other guesses gave actually gave us additional ideas that we'll consider for future products.

Now that you know what the Model 200 is, everyone who submitted the correct guess is part of a drawing for a free Model 200. We'll notify the winner directly in a few days. Everyone else who guessed correctly will receive a "runner up" prize in the form of a 50% discount off the Model 200's price.

The second part of the contest was to come up with the best "fun description" of what you thought the Model 200 would be. The Outlaws have selected "JasonA" as the winner with his entry that went far above the call of duty to literally sketch out his answer. Check his message in the Saloon for the details. To be honest, JasonA's entry was so far over the top that we decided to award a second "fun" category amp to "MorphSci", just to prove that the Outlaws DO have a sense of humor.

As a final note, we'll be opening a Model 200 section in the Saloon sometime this week. Baring any additional last-minute problems, we hope to put a limited number of Model 200's on a plane so that they will be available in December. General, "in stock" availability is scheduled for early January.

Moving on to the Model 7100, we're afraid that it has become a victim of the lingering after-effects of the labor dispute at the West Coast ports. While all the ships have almost been unloaded, the disruption in deliveries of key components from Asia threw a major league wrench in the production plans of our amplifier vendor. Not only were parts delayed in the harbor, but the back up of ships is still causing major supply chain issues.

As much as we would have liked to deliver the Model 7100 for the holiday season, we are uncertain as to when it will be available. We hope to have the firm delivery date for you in our next Update. We apologize for this, but this is truly one that is totally outside of our control.

In addition to the two products mentioned above, the Outlaws are working on a number of innovative products for release during 2003, but due to our recent experiences it's too soon to divulge the details. All we can say is that you will be pleasantly surprised to see and hear what we come up with for you in the first half of 2003.

CURRENT PRODUCT NEWS

All current Outlaw products are in stock for immediate delivery, and since we were able to land shipments before the problems at the docks we do not anticipate any back-order problems through the holiday season. However, we do remind you that despite our best efforts to get things out the door, shippers tend to encounter delays in the last six weeks of the year. If you REALLY need to have an order delivered by a specific date, please allow for the possibility of a day or two delay beyond normal ship times. This is particularly true for ground shipments.

In time for the holidays, we are offering "B Stock" versions of the Model 770 and 755 amplifiers, as well as the ICBM, available for the first time.

People often ask what happens to units that are returned by customers under the Satisfaction Guarantee, and the answer is that they become B-Stock units. We can't sell them as new, so we lower the price a bit and let you take advantage of the fact that someone decided to buy something other than an Outlaw. Their loss is your gain!

This gives potential Outlaws on a budget a chance to put a little more music and theater under the tree than they thought their situation allowed. Please note, however, that supplies are limited, and these units are definitely first come, first served.

Note that all "B Stock" units carry the same "30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee" and the same warranties as our new products. They may have minor appearance defects, but are fully checked for "like-new" electrical performance Pricing is as follows:

Model 755: $1,179
Model 770: $1,549
Model 1050: $439
ICBM: $199

Sorry, the Model 950 is not available as a B Stock product at this time.

Speaking of which, we can let you know that a great review of the Model 950 will appear in December in a leading home theater publication. The Model 950 remains alone as the only fully featured, high-performance preamp/processor/tuner under $1,000. We are gratified by the sales pace the Model 950 is setting, and our thanks to those who have taken the time to post reviews and let us know how their unit is working.

For those in the small minority that have kept their Model 950, but have advised us of sonic issues that do not appear in the vast majority of units shipped, rest assured that we are continuing research into the situation and will solve the individual problems on a one-on-one basis.

EVERYTHING ELSE NEWS

A few important housekeeping notes are in order this month. First, as noted above, please understand that while we will do our best to assure on-time deliveries, please anticipate your needs so that we can assure on-time deliveries and a truly happy holiday season.

We have another note with regards to shipping. As you may have read, there will likely be a price increase for UPS shipments in January. At this point we do not know the exact rates, but for those who might use UPS to ship heavier products such as amplifiers may want to consider placing their order before the end of 2002.

Finally, we'd normally see the Editorial Outlaw in this space, but this month he's out prowling the Port of Los Angeles on the lookout for power transistors and heat sinks. When we last heard from him, he was lost inside a cargo container somewhere. Let us know if you find him!

That's it for this month. There is a lot of activity around the Outlaw's Hideout, so we'll probably have one more Update Newsletter for you at some point before the end of the year. Until then, Happy Thanksgiving!

Regards,

The Outlaws

#32606 - 11/19/02 06:41 PM Re: Congratulations, JasonA
BenjaminKing Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: VIsta,CA,USA
Is there any indication on the expected cost? I couldn't find that information, but I was only skimming the update. The average per channel cost on their other 200 watt amps is around $250 to $260. I would guess then that it would be expected to be somewhere between $250 and $300, but who knows...

------------------
Benjamin King
benjaminking@yahoo.com

#32607 - 11/19/02 11:44 PM Re: Congratulations, JasonA
JasonA Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Marion, Iowa
Thanks guys. I have to admit that I'm very excited about this. I really didn't think I was "way over the top" with my guess

It may sound a bit odd, but I'll probably use the amp to power a sub initially. Assuming it's the same "module" they use in the 755 and 770, I would guess that it will pump out about 300W into a 4 ohm load. That ought to be enough to shake the house a bit!

Jason

Outlaw - THANK YOU!!
I've never won anything before in my life (sob, sob)... Honestly, this is a very generous act on your part - one that I appreciate very much.

#32608 - 11/20/02 12:00 AM Re: Congratulations, JasonA
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mountain View, CA, USofA
Benjamin King

I wished it worked that way. I'd be surprised if it were under $500.

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1

#32609 - 11/20/02 09:07 AM Re: Congratulations, JasonA
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
Wow! I woke up this morning to find the new outlaw newsletter and that I had won a new monoblock amp. I guess the Outlaws do have a sense of humor. Unless
Quote:
... In addition to the many correct guesses, some of the "wrong" answers may end up being close to products we're working on for the future, but it's WAY too early for more than that. Some of the other guesses gave actually gave us additional ideas that we'll consider for future products.
the A.S.S. will be a new Outlaw product.

Seriously, as JasonA said this is very generous on Outlaws part and I also appreciate it.

[This message has been edited by morphsci (edited November 20, 2002).]

#32610 - 11/20/02 10:58 AM Re: Congratulations, JasonA
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Congrats Guys!!!! An early Christmas present!!!Bet that makes this week seem nicer!. Enjoy!!

#32611 - 11/20/02 03:20 PM Re: Congratulations, JasonA
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Congratulations Guys! Enjoy your new toy!

I would have to imagine they will come in well under 500 dollars. Lets see, 1700 for the 770 or 3500 for the same thing in mono's? I know mono-blocks have their own power supply, etc. but I doubt its worth more than double the "all in one" solution. My guess is 250-350 range.

#32612 - 11/22/02 02:09 PM Re: Congratulations, JasonA
SuperFi Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Grass Valley, CA
It needs to be $200.

#32613 - 11/25/02 12:25 AM Re: Congratulations, JasonA
truthseeker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Il
anybody know what page Jason's original guess was on? It sounds like it might be good reading.

#32614 - 11/25/02 01:04 AM Re: Congratulations, JasonA
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vista, CA USA
Hi y'all,
It's $299.00 with a $25.00 discount for'family' members. $249.00 until Dec. 31.
Mix

#32615 - 11/25/02 02:12 AM Re: Congratulations, JasonA
Paul J. Stiles Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mountain View, CA, USofA
I'ms so happy that the price did not live UP to my expectations. Sometimes I love it when I'm wrong.

Paul

------------------
the 1derful1

[This message has been edited by Paul J. Stiles (edited November 25, 2002).]

#32616 - 11/25/02 02:30 AM Re: Congratulations, JasonA
Billy the Kid Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Pa. U.S.A.
LOL. I think this is pretty funny.I received the entire outlaw news letter on 11/19/2002 except for one slightly important paragraph that I found posted here.This one:"Looking at the postings in the Saloon, it is obvious that we've created a great deal of interest in the Model 200. Now that the contest is over, we are able to provide the product details. We know that the Outlaw community is at the top of their game, and as you'll see a number of you hit the answer right on the mark, or were awfully close. In brief, the Model 200 is a 200 watt mono-block amplifier (20 Hz - 20 kHz @ 8 ohms, >0.05% THD). Even more amazing, it is only one rack unit high! We are in the process of updating our web site to add the Model 200 and you will be able to learn more over the next several days by visiting us at www.outlawaudio.com.
So when I got to the paragraph that started with the line "Now that you know what the M-200 is" I was ready to pull my hair out. I found it funny because I thought it was a joke by the staff until I came to the forum and read the missing paragraph.Ha Ha kidding the Kid . I like that. Good luck Outlaws. Sounds like you have another winner.Billy

#32617 - 11/25/02 10:10 AM Re: Congratulations, JasonA
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by MixFixJ:
Hi y'all,
It's $299.00 with a $25.00 discount for'family' members. $249.00 until Dec. 31.
Mix

So is it $299 or $249 until 12/31?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts