Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#31378 - 09/11/07 02:52 PM Re: My 2150 Arrived Today!
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
FYI tru blu. OneCall's return policy isn't so good. If you don't like them, you have 30 days, but they take 15% of the cost from you. Ouch.
Hey Hooff, Vinyl Addict. Just remembered the above info from a fellow Outlaw last year when I was looking for my NHTs. Just something to consider…

#31379 - 09/14/07 01:43 AM Re: My 2150 Arrived Today!
VinylAddict Offline
Gunslinger

Man.... I've got my LFM-2 dialed in now and I've just got to say that the RR2150 / NHT Classic Three / LFM-2 combo is just freakin' stellar!!!!

In my room, a 60hz setting on the bass management of the RR2150 and a hair past the 12:00 position on the LFM-2 (around 1:00) did the trick. The LFM-2 totally disappears and the added bass weight is un-flippin'-believable.

I'm spinning an original green-label pressing of Black Sabbath with an AT-440MLa cartridge right now and my jaw is literally dropping at how good this thing sounds...

up next - I've got to spin some Miles or Coltrane....
Outlaw RR2150 Receiver · KAB-mod'd SL1200MK2 Turntable · AudioTechnica AT-440MLa & AT-130E Cartridges · Tascam CD-RW900 CD Recorder · Lite DAC-AH DAC · DB Systems Subsonic Filter · KEF IQ-3 Monitors · Outlaw LFM-2 Subwoofer · AudioQuest Cables

#31380 - 09/17/07 05:19 AM Re: My 2150 Arrived Today!
hooff Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, TX
Yep Tru Blu: One Call's return policy certainly makes me wanna say "ouch." I double checked NHT's website and they do indeed list listenup.com as an authorized dealer (along with those other two). Anyway, unless I'm missing something, listenup.com has the superior return policy. I called them up and they confirmed said policy. smile But I'm gonna wait to purchase the Three's (NOT getting them on credit).

Anyhoo, I'll bide my time till I can audition them. Damn you delayed gratification.

#31381 - 09/20/07 10:34 PM Re: My 2150 Arrived Today!
Sweet Spot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY
Man VA, sounds very inspiring ! Wish I could hear your setup....

As far as what I listen to "the most". That's really (surprise, surprise) a tricky question. If you were to look at my CD collection, you'd think the answer would be classical, followed by Jazz, then blues and finally a mixture of modern alternative (Radiohead and Interpol being my favorite mainstream type of music) and miscellaneous stuff. I really can't stand most country but love guys like Junior Brown for their musical ingenuity etc..

However, a lot of my listening happens via my iRiver IHP or iPod through my current receiver/RCA input, and my musical choices are mainly limited by the amount of hard drive space I have, as well as what music I find appropriate for when I travel on the train/bus/whatever. A lot of that is mostly rock, with some Jazz and hardly classical because I don't have my IEM's anymore, and trying to listen to a nice, quiet piece on the MTA is almost impossible to do.

I imagine though, once I get my system set up "proper like", my listening habits will change, and I'll listen to a lot of Jazz and Classical, but will certainly not ditch my Radiohead... I know, I know. That really doesn't help, does it ! ?

#31382 - 09/21/07 01:33 AM Re: My 2150 Arrived Today!
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Well, I listen to a wide variety of stuff also (right this second it's räi, pop music from North Africa; before that an 180 gram pressing of Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures). This receiver/speaker combo has yet to meet a type of music it doesn't like.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
0 registered (), 254 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts