Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#31048 - 03/03/07 10:24 AM Re: The Infamous Volume Control
ezrider Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Key West, FL
I have the NAD C720BEE, Outlaw RR 2150 and Nakamichi RE 10 and I can say that the Outlaw is my least favorite. The volume control is very jumpy compared to the NAD or Nakamichi, the selector on the Outlaw is weird to say the least. It doesn't always land on the function you want. Power wise the NAD and Nakamichi are my picks, bass extension on both are much better than the Outlaw. The Outlaw does have a nice phono section but you can buy a NAD PP-2 and it's really better in my opinion. I would go for the NAD only because the Nakamichi is no longer made. That's something Nakamichi should bring back because it's a great receiver...

#31049 - 09/07/07 04:13 AM Re: The Infamous Volume Control
davemichel Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I've had the RR for a few months now, and I'm not a fan of the volume control/remote combination. I have no problems with "play" or "slop", but rather with the excessive speed from 7:00 to 9:00 o'clock (or a poor law on the control).

I'd be quite satisfied to just have the motor go half as fast. If any Outlaw techs monitoring this board - any possibility of modding the motor or gear assembly?

Dave

#31050 - 09/07/07 11:42 AM Re: The Infamous Volume Control
JimP Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cushing, Maine
As I use my 2150 more, I find the volume control sensitivity is very dependent on which input I am listening to. For me, it is a non issue with USB, CD/DVD, VIDEO, etc. BUT for the TUNER modes... it is WAY too sensitive, I suspect if we could find a way to attenuate the TUNER output to the unit, we would all be much happier.
Another item I would like attenuated... the blue light on the power switch. I have my 2150 in the bedroom and that blue light when the unit is off is mighty annoying. Presently I have a strip of black tape over the power switch. frown There has to be a better way.
While I am on a roll of annoyances, any ideas why Outlaw put such a high resistance on the phono MC input??? Is there any way to change that? From what I gather it limits one to a med or high output cartridge if one goes the MC route.

RR2150, Oppo 970HD, B&W 802 Series 3 Matrix

#31051 - 09/10/07 03:55 AM Re: The Infamous Volume Control
Sweet Spot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY
Jim, as a temporary solution to the power LED problem, why not just turn the power strip (or regulator) that it is hooked up to off when you are done with it ? Besides not being irritated by the light, you'll also save a bit of electricity !

Doug

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
0 registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts