Originally posted by jayz1006:
[b] Don't feed the trolls.
Sigh... Seconded. [/b]
Agreed...

#30878 - 12/07/06 02:39 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
LP Spinnin' Fool Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Menlo Park, CA
While I think that brother Bug has made some fairly indefensible statements, and his approach to problem solving makes no sense to me, it seems that name calling and other methods of backing him into a corner are really really not OK.

I disagree with him. He disagrees with many of us. Lets disagree civilly though. Please.

Roger

#30879 - 12/07/06 02:41 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Well said, LP.

#30880 - 12/07/06 03:14 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
Sweet Spot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY
Sorry to see that this thread has degraded as such, because I was really curious to hear what Bug's impressions were, based on a comparison to equipment set up by one of his local dealers (who has an unbiased opinion), since I'm not able to yet.

On another note, I think that this conversation could have been kept civil, no matter what we thought. I presented my opinion to Bug, saying that it "sounded" like he had an agenda, even if he didn't, which is pretty much a diplomatic way of trying to say "perhaps you should be more practical in your decision making", which would refer to not sending the unit back if unsatisfied, while (as others have noted many times now) still whigning about it for no other apparent reason besides getting people worked up.

And while there have been insinuations tossed in Bugs' direction (the word idiot comes to mind), which weren't necessary, Bug, you certainly didn't have to degrade yourself to the level which you did by reverting to 5th grade school-yard antics. "I've got more money than you do" "I've got nothing but time and money"

Such ramblings, from anybody, does nothing but discredit their credentials, and lessen the level of trust which people will show for you in general. Bug, if you were at all sincere at any time, I'd ask you to (as I will others who've spoken against you in an immature nature, even if they feel it was justified) apologize, and let this matter sink.

I'd then ask you to go to said Hi-Fi store and do the comparisons, and reveal your/dealers salesmen results, that is if you haven't or won't return the Outlaw. Because if there is indeed a flaw in the product, and you can uncover it, I'm sure many other people would like to see this unfold...

Doug

#30881 - 12/07/06 04:35 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by morphsci:
Mr. Uniramia Seeker.
Perhaps the whiney troll comment can be considered name calling but I hope no one thinks the above is name calling, merely an alternate form of bug hunter laugh

However, the fact that so much time was spent complaining and yet the item was not returned destroys any credibility bug has as far as I am concerned. If you do not like an Outlaw product, return it and move on. You have the best place to audition the product, your system. I have yet to see a Brick-and_mortar establishment that can beat that for auditioning.

#30882 - 12/07/06 06:18 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
LP Spinnin' Fool Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Menlo Park, CA
morphsci wrote: "I hope no one thinks the above is name calling, merely an alternate form of bug hunter "

LOL!!! I wondered...but would it not be more appropriate to label him "Hightailing after Heteroptera"???

ROTFLMAO

#30883 - 12/07/06 06:29 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
marker Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

While I have not heard the NAD720BEE, I'm sure it is a fine piece of gear, and prolly at least comparable to the RR2150, but there's no way it is night and day better.

Please ban this troll!

#30884 - 12/07/06 08:42 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
tonygeno Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: MA
Quote:
Originally posted by LP Spinnin' Fool:
While I think that brother Bug has made some fairly indefensible statements, and his approach to problem solving makes no sense to me, it seems that name calling and other methods of backing him into a corner are really really not OK.
I have heard you should beware of cornered anteaters.

#30885 - 12/07/06 10:12 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
John Galt Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Canada
Hmmm...haw...hmmm...haw...what the heck, I might as well wade in to the bug infested swamp if only to give my opinion on how NAD sounds compared to Outlaw.

I have to agree with this reviewer's assessment of NAD's sonic characteristics: NAD 218 THX Review

Quote:
The highs were not rolled, dark, or distorted, but there was a noticeable if gradual loss of detail resolution as the frequency climbed ... The thick, overripe midbass I noted in the 218 THX was reminiscent of every NAD amplifier I've heard since the original 3020 integrated ... The 218 THX's biggest surprise emerged from beneath the midbass: the tightest, most dynamic and explosive bottom octave and a half I've heard from any amplifier I've auditioned in my house. ... aside from its low-bass performance, there was no area of performance in which the NAD particularly excelled.
My own personal experience is limited to several NAD A/V receivers including the T742 and T752 as well as the Outlaw 1070 receiver. In a nutshell, the Outlaw sounds better but the NADs play louder. I had a few friends over just hanging out with some music in the background. Both of them were 'drawn in' to the sound of the Outlaw and sat down to listen to a few songs. It really sounded good --- particularly using analog inputs via the HPF/LPF 80Hz subwoofer setting. This did not happen when I had the NAD setup, however IMHO NAD seems to be in its element when played at a high volume level. If you're a bass-hound who like's to crank it, go for a NAD, otherwise I think the Outlaw would be more satisfying.

#30886 - 12/08/06 02:07 AM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
Machine Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I am not one for hijacking a thread with pointless dribble and am thankful that helpful and committed communities like this exist.

This debate however borders on asinine all things considered.

Perhaps I could have delivered my statement in a more cordial manner, but considering how much time and patience many individuals devoted to resolving this situation only for it to be thrown back in their face...well I guess someone had to be the bad guy.

To those who feel my comment has compromised the integrity of these boards; for the sake of maintaining this environment I will adorn my politically correct cap and apologize for the insinuation.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 147 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts