Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#30857 - 12/05/06 05:38 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
garthr Offline
Gunslinger

Bughunter, you make NAD out to be the second coming of audio nirvana or something. I've tried some of their goods and wasn't impressed, I returned it .... end of story. You obviously havn't read too many other forums to learn NAD has more than their share of relaibility issues also. Everyone does.

You're the kind of customers retailers dread..... they complain and run. They don't let the retailer attempt to offer any satisfaction , rather the customer continues to relish in their dismay and wants everyone to know how disappointed they were to receive a product they did not like or was defective in some way. Now you complain about having to return it by mail and wait for a refund. Did you read the return policy and understand what mail order means before you purchased it, or assume that Outlaw would come pick up your receiver at your home if you didn't like it?

If Outlaw sold you a bad unit, it's their respnsibility to repair/replace or refund it for you. If you don't give them a chance , then that's on you..... blame no one but yourself .

Yes, this is an open forum and you can express any dismay you like ......it's so open we're all allowed to make an asses of ourselves if we wish to. There's no rule in the user agreement(did you read that either?) you have to be pro-outlaw, it just happens that most people who hang out here like something about their goods., or they sell it and move on.

Stuff happens ..... stuff breaks ...... Now, when/if your precious NAD has a problem .... hopefully you'll give them more of a chance that you did Outlaw ..... break the cycle of ignorance .

#30858 - 12/05/06 05:47 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
tonygeno Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: MA
Hey Bughunter:

I think you've been out there chasing mosquitoes for so long that you can't think straight. Peter said he'd take it back. Why the hell would you put it on ebay! Weird.

#30859 - 12/05/06 07:11 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
Paul B Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Memphis TN
Bughunter:

If you are unhappy with the product send it back. It's that simple. Don't spend all your time moaning and groaning about it. Why would you even waste your time trying to sell it on ebay?

I bought the 2150 several months ago and love it. Based upon this unit I will probably upgrade my home theater system to Outlaw equipment. The retail experience today in many markets is not that great for top end equipment. Not much support unless you really know the people who own the company. Outlaw is very prompt with resolving any problems that crop up. Enough said.

#30860 - 12/05/06 07:11 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
LP Spinnin' Fool Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Menlo Park, CA
Bughunter, you are entitled to your opinion and to share it - although one does wonder why you are sharing it here if you don't plan to be an owner, and also why you don't just return the item. But the main thing that has me scratching my head is when you wrote:

the power is a basic 100 watts per channel

What exactly does a "basic 100 watts per channel" sound like, and how do you distinguish it from, say, 125 WPC? Do you mean it does not play loud? Does it not handle difficult loads? Is it not dynamic? How do you know without measuring it? Honestly, this seems like a bold claim to make flatly without anything more specific.

I did not compare my RR2150 to NAD or HK or any other mid-fi receiver. I do know it is somewhat more dynamic than the 160WPC Thule it replaced and has better bass control to boot. Not quite as refined but maybe that gets better with burn in. But by every measure of listening it seems as or more powerful than the Thule (which cost 3x as much) - in both cases driving my not-very-efficient Audio Physic Step speakers.

#30861 - 12/05/06 07:24 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
LP Spinnin' Fool Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Menlo Park, CA
"We are talking like this is a serious piece of audio equiptment when it's nothing more than a mass produced chinese made mid fi stereo am/fm receiver with a USB port! Until you get up into Krell, Audio Research, Musical Fidelity, Cary and so on we are dealing with low to mid fi mass produced stuff, some of which gives alot of band for the buck."

What is the relevance of this? You were the one who started this thread talking about how underwhelmed you were with the RR2150's sound.

Let me give a different perspective - I actually think the RR2150 holds its head pretty high in the company of some of the high-end gear you mention. Agreed, it is not as revealing or dynamic as some good high end gear. There is definitely more magic with some of that stuff (although it can sound like s**t with the wrong combination of components). But so far I am pretty happy listening to my RR2150 even when coming into the room from my back room Lyra / Immedia / Herron / Audio Physic / Yamamura rig. I feel like I got pretty good bang for my buck and mostly I enjoy the music.

Just my $0.02....

#30862 - 12/05/06 09:37 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
psyprof1 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
As a 990 owner I hope I'm not intruding in this room of the Saloon, but I've been following this thread with some interest. LP Spinnin' Fool has pretty much raised the point I was going to - that someone claiming to judge by sound only is not in a position to make meaningful claims about power output differences of 3 db or less. As some of you surely know, a 3-db difference in power delivered to speakers is about the smallest difference that is easily audible (i.e., "just a little louder or softer"), yet it represents a doubling (or halving) of power. I think I wrote elsewhere that anybody really interested in quality should be paying attention to the first couple of watts of output, since that's where most of your listening is going to be - and particularly to the amount of odd-harmonic distortion in the signal, since that's the unmusical part. For those with Klipsch or other hornloaded speakers, make that the first 100 milliwatts.

#30863 - 12/06/06 10:44 AM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
Sweet Spot Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: NY, NY
Bug, not to offend or anything but, it DOES seem as if you have an agenda, even if you don't. On another note, I was in Harvey Electronics the other day (took the wife in order to plant some seeds laugh ) and asked one of the salesmen, Rich, if he'd let me bring in the Outlaw (whenever I get it) in order to A-B with the NAD 720BEE, and he was happy to comply. Told me to call an hour in advance so he could set things up, and that was all.

When I do get the Outlaw, this shall be done.

#30864 - 12/06/06 02:45 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok... When you get your Outlaw and that is another question you let me know your findings. Make sure you check out the Subwoofer output and the bass management section. I contacted another hi fi dealer in Tampa today to see if I could bring it in and he told me that if I purchased the item direct from a manufacture he wanted nothing to do with it. His feelings about Outlaw were not nice as he believes they are of lesser quality than most so I said thanks and hung up. I have found that one of the three local dealers has a tech that wants to put the Outlaw in his store for comparison purposes. He states that any of his Cambridge, NAD & Integra integrated amps or Receivers will out perform it and I'm going to let him use it and see what happens. It seems like everyone on this site is set on the Outlaw blowing all other compariable components away so we will see. Like I said in my past postings, I have heard two others and they all sound the same... All have weak subwoofer outputs when compared to my NAD C720BEE and that's what I was comparing it to in the beginning. Now it's become a pissing match here. When I first got the receiver I was contacted by Outlaw by two different people. The first person didn't have a clue, the second is a designer at Outlaw and was confused by my findings and made many suggestions in which none worked. At first he didn't even know the bass management had a bypass. I'm not really impressed with Outlaw, as I said it's a run of the mill 2 channel mass produced receiver. My main bitch in the beginning was that the sub output is weak compared to my NAD and now I have an agenda.

#30865 - 12/06/06 03:47 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
Steve0616 Offline
Gunslinger

Bug,
Have you made your point yet?

#30866 - 12/06/06 04:56 PM Re: My Outlaw RR 2150 Receiver
garthr Offline
Gunslinger

C'mon bughunter ...... You didn't like your receiver and you didn't return it. What more do you want from the forum? Do you have anything constructive to say ..... or just whine ?

It appears you want to keep it just so you can continue to whine and add other salesperson's opinion of a competing product they know nothing of. What do you think a brick & mortar salesperson's opinion is going to be of a mail only product?

Now you're looking for fellow whiners to jump on your bandwagon ....... how sad. If we had a weekly "just shut up" award ...... you'd win it..... again smile

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM