Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#30573 - 10/06/06 05:52 PM Re: Could we get an update?
garthr Offline
Gunslinger

Well, it's been since the 25th they told me 1-1/2 to 2 weeks it would be shipped out. Still no notice of shipment. I got home too late to call them today.

Has anyone received their shipment or a shipping notice? Surely someone has one by now? ..... then again ....... there's probably few who come to this forum.

#30574 - 10/06/06 09:42 PM Re: Could we get an update?
EssenceLumin Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I called them up a couple of days ago and they said something about the shipment being stuck in customs and they didn't know how long it would take to resolve that. Having Outlaw in your name is probably not the best for that situation.

#30575 - 10/07/06 08:21 AM Re: Could we get an update?
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Well, if the product is still not in-house (which is actually a troublesome thought, given where the equipment is coming from), my guess is that shipping schedules will be altered considerably. I must say, I'm beginning to get real antsy. Considering other options; some involving Outlaw Audio, some not.

#30576 - 10/07/06 12:56 PM Re: Could we get an update?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
If it's in customs, then it's at least on the correct continent - once they clear customs, there will probably be a little time spent checking the product (something which likely happened at the factory as well, but I'd still want to poke at them a bit before shipping to customers if I were Outlaw) and then they should be able to head out to customers. Hopefully folks at the top of the pre-order list will start getting shipping confirmation next week.

#30577 - 10/07/06 06:43 PM Re: Could we get an update?
garthr Offline
Gunslinger

EssenceLumin , you're not in the US? Canada? Is that what was meant by being held up in customs?

gonk, tru blu .......I understood the RR2150 was made in a US factory..... is it not?

#30578 - 10/07/06 07:03 PM Re: Could we get an update?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The original factory was overseas (only Outlaw gear made in the US are the multichannel amps), and since the new units are in customs it seems that the new factory is also overseas.

#30579 - 10/07/06 07:20 PM Re: Could we get an update?
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Don't remember exactly where I saw it (or how accurate it is), but I think I'd read somewhere in Asia.

#30580 - 10/08/06 11:19 PM Re: Could we get an update?
EssenceLumin Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I'm in the US. I seem to remember somewehere in Asia too, though I don't remember where I read that.

#30581 - 10/09/06 02:41 PM Re: Could we get an update?
garthr Offline
Gunslinger

I called Outlaw today .... it seems it's still in transit from being manufactured in China. I was told a week for delivery, and frankly , I take that to mean they really do not know when it will arrive.

I'm sure others are getting a bit anxious also. I have tried many integrated/recievers in this price range, and none have been satisfactory. So the RR2150 is one in a line of units I'm trying. My current receiver sounds good enough for me .... but the background noise for headphone listening is just too obtrusive. A headphone amp is an option, but hopefully a last option.

Integrated/recievers with A/B speaker switching and tone controls are becoming rare. The latest rage of no tone controls is hopefully just a phase..... because how many of us have such perfect listening enviroments and sources that we never use them? Most of us do not..... or ever will. So a little tone control here and there(when they're --good-- tone controls), is very helpful. HK has pretty useful controls, as does Marantz and Yamaha. Denon and NAD's were by far the least useful. I've heard Mcintosh's tone controls are some the best. I find it kind of funny how they still use tone controls on all but their "budget" integrated, and many lower priced yet still expensive brands are eliminating them !

Well, I hope we all see our units sometime soon, a couple of weeks ..... Halloween ..... Thanksgiving ? I'm kidding .... I hope:)

#30582 - 10/10/06 06:11 PM Re: Could we get an update?
Grinneth42 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Boston MA
Didn't I read somewhere that the 2150 was in house, being tested? So does a "transit from china" commentary mean that the tests were passed and we have moved on to full production? In which case, maybe another week is realistic. (Oh, and just so everyone knows, I won't be checking the forums for a bit, leaving for the ISS tomorrow...)yep... realistic...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 156 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts